Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

For those of you wondering why we struggle to land Cincinnati recruits

0 HS
BigLights's picture
March 19, 2014 at 8:24pm
24 Comments

So I'm listening to Lance McAlister (Cincinnati sports radio host on 700 WLW) and he starts doing the normal complaining we all hear down here: "Ohio State won't play any of the other Ohio schools. They're scared. Oh, they played Cincinnati in '06 because the Buckeyes were stacked that year and Cincinnati was down.....blah blah blah blah" All of this is the same shit they say all the time. Then he goes on to say that the whole state of Ohio has to come together on Thursday and cheer for Dayton to knock off Ohio State because Thad has been ducking the other teams and Thad lies about why he won't play them.  This is the same station that plays John Calipari's weekly radio show and airs all of the UK, Cincinnati, Xavier end even some of Louisville games.

The bottom line is that the local sports writers/broadcasters actively root for Ohio State to fail all the time in Cincinnati. It just pisses me off that I live in one of the biggest cities in Ohio and I can't find a damn local personality that will cover the most popular, best program in the state. The worst part is that most of the Cincinnati coaches are native Cincinnati guys and all this crap hurts us BIG TIME in the recruiting.

Rant over.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments