Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

New 2015 QB Offer...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
March 3, 2014 at 9:56pm
14 Comments

More of a pro-style QB, Drew Lock, is a 6-foot-5, 200-pound signal-caller and the second-ranked player in Missouri and his father played football at Mizzou in the 1980's. He's the 6th-ranked pro-style QB in the country according to 247Sports.com.

Trying to get ahold of Drew for an update, and as usual, if I can, I'll get something up on his recruitment as soon as possible.

HIGHLIGHTS

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Alex Smith type? Or a Short yardage jump-pass QB?

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I'll take him. Kid with that type of accuracy, and the athletes we are filling the roster with, we won't need a QB that can run. Pinpoint accuracy, catching guys in stride. And he's plenty mobile. 

+7 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Exactly!   ^                                                            edit:        WTF? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Go Bucks!

-1 HS
bedheadjc's picture

90% of his passes hit the guys in stride...crazy...awesome touch on lobs...I'd take him any day...hell, he'll be 6'6" 230 by the time he leaves, and faster, more agile...

+1 HS
Remington2323's picture

His release and stature reminds me of Joe Flacco. Go Bucks!

ScarletGrayFire's picture

This kid is a natural.  What a pure motion.

Royball's picture

Does anybody think of Bryce Petty when watching him?

4-6 seconds of relentless effort

Seattle Linga's picture

Kinda like the same recruiting family story as EZE who's parents both played sports at Mizz.

hodge's picture

But does this mean that the staff no longer is feeling confident about Gibson?

+4 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Beat me to the joke ... I came in specifically to post that exact same comment.

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I like the way the kid is always looking down field, checking off on his receivers. And he can thread the needle. Now we need to keep recruiting top O-linemen to give him time to throw.

dc28's picture

I like his patience and pocket awareness. Very good release. I like the one clip where he shakes off the defender and still throws a rope to the receiver.

Squirrel Master's picture

I like this kid but can he run the zone read well enough to fit the system? The reason i like JT Barrett is because he is not only a decent passer but he is really good at the zone read. Got to get kids that can do both, not just either or. Barrett is both but if you are not sold on him as the next guy because you want more size, Gibson might be both as well. 

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

1MechEng's picture

6'-6" - 230 ... maybe a future TE prospect?!