Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Strictly Academic, How Long and How Many $'s Would It Take to Put a Roof of Sorts on the 'Shoe, Big House, Etc.?

+7 HS
Moo Strength's picture
February 19, 2022 at 3:57pm
61 Comments

I'm totally aware it's never going to happen in my lifetime, but theoretically, (for all you structural engineers out there), how much do you estimate it would cost to put a roof on the Horseshoe, or the Big House, or Penn State's "Erector Set" stadium?

What do you the time frame would be? All this talk about the 'Shoe or Big House hosting a CFP game and electing to host it in Indy or another indoor stadium made me wonder if it's even theoretically possible. I get that we'd be talking billions of dollars, but is it theoretically possible? I suppose you could argue to just build a second indoor stadium but since this is entirely academic, how awesome would it be to dome the 'Shoe.

It would easily be the largest indoor stadium in the world right? How awesome would that be? Or even if it had a retractable roof like AT&T stadium?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments