Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The End of Urban Meyer's Tenure and Where the Program Stands

-2 HS
Todd-Not Boeckmann's picture
July 5, 2019 at 10:03am
28 Comments

This came up in the comments section of the "Respect the Rivalry" story.  I think its an important perspective to consider and am giving it its own thread.

Let's start with why Urban is no longer coaching and how USC is a headline writer's fantasy and nothing more.  Watch the entire 7:00 video.  Its worth it.  It brought a tear to my eye when I watched it again today.  We are so lucky as Buckeye fans.

But, while I was researching my facts about the history of this program going back to the beginning of Woody Hayes' tenure, I rediscovered just how lucky we are.  Do you realize that in the almost 70 years since Woody was hired, that we have only NEVER appeared in a weekly poll TWICE???!???!  In EVERY season (including shit ones like 1956, 1988, 2011 et. al) except TWO, we were still considered formidable.  For reference, the weasels have had SEVEN seasons like that.  Including two since Bo died.  Alabama has SIX!  Notre Dame FIVE!  

We are blessed.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments