Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

IF they insist on the Wildcat, why not Jalin Marshall? (as #3/Red Zone QB)

0 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
November 9, 2015 at 12:27pm
109 Comments

Disclaimer: No one is as electrifying a talent as Braxton.

EDIT: this also extends to Jalin as the emergency/red-zone QB if JT goes down again. Basically, I'm saying Jalin MAY be a better read-option QB in these situations than Braxton because he will option the ball and at least has some threat to throw without fear of injury. 

Rationale: 

Braxton at Wildcat seems to work 10% of the time.  The rest of the time, it's a bust and momentum killer.  As long as Braxton won't throw, or even option the ball, the play has little threat. Also, Urban has said Brax isn't the best read option QB because he chooses to keep the ball too much. 

Further, Meyer basically said That though Braxton can throw, he's pretty gun shy (understandably).

Jalin Marshall is still an electrifying athlete. He was an option QB in HS. He can throw.  He has tremendous lateral quickness and good top end speed. 

If something happened to JT again, and these coaches continue to stubbornly try to make the Wildcat work, use Jalin.  

I know they want to get Brax the ball, and can't figure out why they don't throw screens to him, jet sweep more, or swing passes. I mean - this seems like a no-brainer to me. We ran the tunnel screen a lot last year, but I haven't seen it once yet this year. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 109 Comments