Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

VT

0 HS
VTBUCK's picture
August 31, 2014 at 11:07am
18 Comments

Hello from Blacksburg, I am looking forward to our match up in 6 days. I must say I have seen better days in Blacksburg than the past 2 disappointing seasons we had but yesterday was a sigh of relief. Logan Thomas has moved on and we finally have an actual QB playing the position. 

Things OSU to look for:

• We just installed the hurry up offense (even us fans had no clue since Beamer shut down all open practices this year)
  • It will be our new QBs second game ever, first in a hostile environment. He was 23/30 yesterday 251 yards 2 TD and 1 INT, it was against an FCS opponent but luckily William and Mary had 2 all americans on defense so they really aren't THAT bad on D.
  • We've lost pretty much ever nationally televised "big game" we've played in the past 4-5 years. Even though -- we won the Sugar Bowl against Michigan but the refs ripped us off on that catch in the end zone.
  • Our running game has been non existent for two years up until yesterday but I'm still not believing it just yet. Our OL did much better than expected, but we will see Saturday how they fare. 

All things considered, I think Ohio State wins this one at home. I am looking for a 24-17 score, I'm not convinced the bleeding on offense has stopped in Blacksburg just yet and turnovers will be huge as always. If we want to win we have to score early and score TDs, not FGs. We have some great guys in the DB, Kendall Fuller is one, he's a great player. This will be a good test for both teams and JT Barrett will be able to test his skills and decision making ability. 

Looking forward to it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments