Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Did some reaserch on the Navy football team today

Little Dan's picture
August 25, 2014 at 9:45pm
13 Comments

I think they will put up a pretty good fight. Their QB is pretty darn good and they return a lot of players from last year,mainly the OL. In 2013 they went 9-4 with a win over Pitt. and almost beat Notre Dame. They lost 38-34 and there were 8 lead changes during the game. I think they closed out the season with 4 straight wins including their bowl game. The final 2013 college FB Teams points per game is interesting. #1-Florida St. 52.9, #5-Ohio State 43.2, #37-Michigan 32.2 and #38-Navy 32.1. I can hardly wait till Sat.

whiskeyjuice's picture

It will definitely be a good first test for OSU's defense.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

NashBuckeye's picture

Navy is a tough Offense to deal with, but generally does not have enough athletes on D to stop good teams. Not really the combination you want to face with a brand new QB on the road. Hoping that Chris Ash' D can follow their assignments and utilize their superior athletes on D early on to get a sizable lead.  

+1 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Did you ever solve the global water shortage problem?

Our Honor Defend!

+3 HS
Little Dan's picture

No, not even close. That did not turn out well for me!

Little Dan

-2 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

On the flip side, they lost to Duke 35-7 and Western Kentucky 19-7.. I'd have to imagine our D is a little better than those two teams and they only surrendered 7 pts to the Midshipmen.   But never know, they're a tough team to defend.  Just stop the run and force them to pass and we'll be fine.

Buckeye Colin's picture

They have a great 3-headed backfield in Reynolds, Copeland, and Whiteside. Navy will move the ball and with confidence, it's just what comes from their style of offense. But, what usually happens in games between the big schools vs the small triple option teams is that size and talent begins to lead the Power 5 school over the top. Don't expect to cake walk over a navy team, they are usually into every game into at least half way into the 2nd half.

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head." - Jack Tatum

BROSEPH's picture

This is one of the better Navy teams in recent memory.  That option attack can be a hassle that could easily make a better team slip up.  

With that said, I just can't see it staying close for 4 quarters.  Our running backs are bigger than most Navy LBers.  Joey Bosa has 2 inches and 5-10 lbs on just about the entire OL for Navy.  Let alone the depth difference.  

Jabba1977's picture

That triple option offense is so hard to defend!!Hopefully J.T. Barrett will find his groove!!

SECHATER77

jkrk's picture

No Brian Rolle this time, so we better seal the deal earlier.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed I was at the game and they did not play very well that day. 

+1 HS
Montana silver bullet's picture

Bosa pushed an aircraft carrier into port so they could practice on a level playing field

Montana Silver Bullet

+2 HS
512buckeye's picture

Let's put up 30 points in the first half and call it a day. Crab cakes for everyone.

Let's party, Columbus.

dubjayfootball90's picture

If you chalk this one up as a win without another thought about Navy, then that is a dangerous path to take. Navy is no slouch. Should Ohio State? Yes. Plain and Simple. Will Navy let Ohio State win? No. Every week is a new challenge and Ohio State gets everyones best shot. It is going to be a good year.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS