Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Rumor: Ohio State vs. Notre Dame 2019-2022

305Buck's picture
August 6, 2014 at 12:58pm
41 Comments

The one team other than Penn State & Michigan that I would love for Ohio State to crush!

KBonay's picture

Great for recruiting to punish the Irish

703Buckeye's picture

Woody used to say ND avoiding OSU on the gridiron was one of the best recruiting tools he ever had. 

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

I thought Woody said that he didn't want to divide the catholics by playing ND, aka he didn't want to play ND because they used to be pretty good (hard to believe, I know). Anyone else ever hear this?

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

RoyWalley's picture

Yes, Woody definitely did not want to play ND.  I remember this in the 70's when ND wanted to play OSU, but OSU did not want to schedule them.

CincyBuckeye31's picture

I'm right there with you 305.  I would love for the Bucks to kick the shit out of Notre Dame.  Bring it!

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

The one team other than Penn State & Michigan that I would for Ohio State to crush!

Again.

+1 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I would love this as a fan of college football. No two schools have more pomp and circumstance. Would be a fun game to be a part of.
And the football, of course, would be fun to watch Ohio State dominate!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

We are crowned 2012 National Champs when we win, right? 

+16 HS
BroJim's picture

This would be awaesome but I just dont see it happening.

I season my simple food with hunger

Ahh Saturday's picture

Why not?  Rightly or wrongly, the ND faithful pride themselves on playing a tough schedule.  They've just pulled out of their series with Michigan.  There is geographical proximity, cultural and historical similarities, and connections between the coaching staffs and AD.  If anything, it's hard to imagine this series not happening.

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

The last time we played them was 1996. . .it just does not happen often and I dont think it will.

-1 HS

played  scheduled

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

You know what I mean, dont be that guy.

-1 HS
brband64's picture

Would love to see it too; source of the rumor?

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

A Notre Dame poster on 247sports.

+1 HS
brband64's picture

Much thanks!  I hope it happens.  And I appreciate the content you've been providing.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Some random post, it must be true.

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

-1 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Count me all in.  I want this to happen.  Not necessarily at the expense of the other big OOC games we have scheduled.  Keep those and add this………Perfection.

One of my best friends is an Irish fan.  Would love it if we matched up.

nikolajz1's picture

I hope so. We should be playing ND more often. They are so close to us!

GoBucks713's picture

I can hear Ben Nelson Crying Irish already. *wrings hands like Gargamel*

-The Aristocrats!

Hovenaut's picture

I've seen the Steve Carrell epic no gif from  "The Office"

I'm doing the complete opposite of that in support of this rumor.

+1 HS

Yes. Yes. Please dear God yes? YEEEEEEEEEEEES? I'd rather just go with any Daniel Bryan .gif

After contemplation, to make sure no wise guys finds a "no" Daniel Bryan gif just to make me look a fool:

Also...

+1 HS

Going on schedule strength, beating ND does about as much for Ohio State as beating Michigan. Which gets a little more than a meh from the rest of college football.

Though I do despise ND as much as Michigan.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Though I do despise ND as much as Michigan.

This is possible?

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Two of CFB's most historic and prolific programs; yes all day long.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+1 HS
CC's picture

Does this mean 2019, 20, 21 and 22?  Or does this mean 2019 and 2022?

The reason I ask is because I don't ever recall scheduling more than a home and home with anyone.

+1 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Notre Dame will never agree to it. They're scared of Ohio State. Look back to the games in the 90s as presented above. Love it but it's not going to happen.

Some people think we’re the hunted.I don’t feel that way at all.We’re the hunter.Everybody wants an angry football team.Everybody wants a team on edge and a hungry team.If you’re a hunter,that usually equates to being hungry.

+2 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

let us pray

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Sorry, this pic exists and we'll never need to play Notre Dame again

+3 HS

Also, I despise ND for "joining" the ACC  and not the B1G and think all B1G teams should boycott playing them, history be damned.

Ahh Saturday's picture

Notre Dame, like their cousins in Midwestern snobbery over in Ann Arbor, seem embarrassed by their Midwesterness.  Spend two minutes, maybe less, talking to any ND alumni and they will point out that ND has students from all 50 states, and that despite its location smack in the middle of the Midwesternest state of them all, it really is an international university.  And while it is true that ND has a substantial enrollment of students from the east coast (not every catholic with good grades can get into an Ivy) by far the largest block of their students, over 40%, come from the Midwest.  In other words, it is a Midwestern school, but they hate to be reminded of it, going so far as to join the Big East and now the ACC to deny it, but neither of those association will drag that sad, flat prairie town one inch closer to the ocean.

+1 HS
joebuckeye's picture

I remember reading about 15 years ago Ohio State was trying to set up a small series with nd because of the hype from the 95-96 games. nd was only interested if it was a 10 game series and they got 6 home games and a neutral site game at Soldier Field. Hopefully nd is off their high horse.

One Bad Buckeye's picture

This makes me optimistic that Urban is our coach for the long haul....no way he misses the chance to be apart of those games, considering his past with both programs and all.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+1 HS
lamplighter's picture

doubt it will happen -  If I recall correctly dropped scUM and will probably drop little brother when they can.  Only media outrage will stop them from dropping USC.  Why add the Buckeyes?

305Buck's picture

ND fans like to say that their schedule is based off of where they recruit. They play USC and Stanford yearly because they recruit Cali hard, they scheduled series with the ACC to get into the Southeast and Atlantic parts of the country, so why not schedule Ohio State, seeing as how Ohio is one of the states they recruit the most.

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

A home-and-home series against them would be great.  I'd love the opportunity to beat them on their turf (literally, now).

Go Bucks!