Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Cie Grant singing Carmen Ohio!

Gobucks2204's picture
August 2, 2014 at 10:01pm
15 Comments

One of my greatest moments of being a buckeye fan was at the Celebration of Champions after beating Miami in the national championship game. My dad and I made the trek to the stadium on a blustery cold day.  Listen to Cie Grant sing Carmen Ohio as the whole stadium listened in one accord. Joy which death alone can still...

Cie Grant Singing Carmen Ohio - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBCe9ONWVE

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Goosebumps.  If he ever did American Idol, I'd vote for him.  And maybe watch, just when he's on. 

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

Loved that day.  It was cold out but there were a lot of people in the shoe for it.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Here he is singing it at a Buckeye charity event.  I wish I could set my ringtone to it. I could listen to it over and over. Go Bucks!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4h6A9NfLNc

Gobucks2204's picture

And who can forget this play?

Ohio State vs Miami: The Last Play 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGQYgyOOP2s

Buckeyes finish off Miami as Cie Grant blitzes off the edge.

+2 HS
buckskin's picture

Great post. Rewatched the Miami game last night, man that d was badass.

+4 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

did you catch  the deer in the headlights look by the Dorsey in the 2nd qtr after our DL took over? He hadn't been hit like that his whole career,lol. I only watch the 2nd qtr when I'm reminiscing about that glorious night. 

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

+1 HS
1stYrBuckIClub's picture

He sang at my cousin's wedding, he's friends w/ her husband (I live in New Philly). He was also amazingly gifted at track, so his success w/ the Bucks wasn't a huge surprise.

+2 HS
GreatLakesMike's picture

One of my favorite Buckeyes. His size/speed combo allowed the defense to do a lot of things with blitzing/coverage, etc. 

+1 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

wasn't he the OLB that played corner his junior year?

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

Seattle Linga's picture

Watched the celebration live when we used to live back in Ohio on ONN. I have the whole ceremony on VHS. Funny how through Rain, Sleet, Snow, or even Hurricanes TBDBITL still was able to pull off an awesome Script Ohio!!!!!!!!!!  

+1 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

I'm still thawing out from that day 

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I think the temperature was below freezing. I'm with you man, but we did it, as true blue Buckeye fans would.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I think it would have been cool to do a parade after they won but had the event at the shoe in late April or early May - probably would have packed the place.

+1 HS
SC Buckeye's picture

I got bored one night around 04-05 and thought, "I wonder what it would sound like if Cie and TBDBITL performed together?"  A few hours later, I ended end with an okay mashup.  Apparently other people liked it, because WNCI used to play it every Friday before Gameday.

I figured that I would share

https://www.dropbox.com/s/toa1lgtli4z9vmp/Ohio%20State%20Marching%20Band...

ENJOY

+1 HS
Jangs78's picture

That was a great day...cold as a mofo!  Was so proud to see the amount of people that showed up in that weather. True fans!