Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Gibson to Friday night lights??????

Buck Commander's picture
July 21, 2014 at 4:10pm
44 Comments

Last Thursday, class of 2015 standout Torrance Gibson stated that he was planning a visit to Ohio State, but didn't have a date set for his trip. Just a few days later, we now know when the 6'4 200-pound Ft. Lauderdale, FL native will be in Columbus.

The explosive Gibson will be one of the many prospects on the Ohio State campus this Friday evening for Friday Night Lights. Breaking his plans to Alex Gleitman of Bucknuts.com, Gibson isn't quite sure if he is going to participate in work-outs at camp or just take it in as a spectator if he makes it to Columbus.

If the visit goes down as planned, this would be the first time Gibson, a five-star dual threat athlete/quarterback, would have had the opportunity to check out the OSU campus in person.

The Buckeyes were at one time thought to be the leader for Gibson, but after receiving a commitment from in-state signal caller Joe Burrow, contact between the two started to dwindle. With contact starting to pick back up, a solid visit to Central Ohio could help the Bucks move back towards the top with programs like Tennessee and Auburn.           Source .....Charles Doss

BigZ's picture

Hopefully we can get him on campus, would be even better if he attended one of the night games this fall!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gray Box's picture

Looks like we should know sometime today:

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

why does it feel like every single decision he has to make has to be reported as or told by him as national news. Honestly, just decide if you are coming, schedule it, and go. Don't say you are planning it, tell people that you will be, then come back and say well actually I will be announcing later if I will be for sure going. Feels like LeBron's The Decision.

TheBadOwl's picture

Dude's a 5* recruit, and the internet is a thing. Who pissed in your coffee? Damn.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
Adam21's picture

Isn't it clear? Torrance Gibson is 9Route!

Buck Commander's picture

You seen, you clicked and you commented......what's the problem?????

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

-3 HS
KBonay's picture

Is this one question, or six??????

+3 HS
SilverState's picture

Lol. I don't know, but he thing I do know is the new FAQ page definitely needs to emphasize the "How do I see if a thread on X topic has already been made?" Lol.

+2 HS
mmounts's picture

nah....that doesn't happen until you hit the 6 thread threshold on "Is Gibson coming to FNL?"

-1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I wonder if the thread topic should read "Gibson to Start More Threads on 11W??????"

+2 HS
theopulas's picture

if he comes to FNL i think we will move up his list BIG....the atmosphere is infectious, and seeing Hilliard,Cornell, Harris, hopefully Sweat and other top recruits there and meeting the rest of the team....maybe then, being together there with OSU coaches, looking at the school and in each others eyes, realizing here, together, they can make their stand for national championship glory.....just saying....lol...

Theopulas

buckeyeguy0615's picture

I didn't think Harris was going to be there.

Groveport Heisman's picture

So last week he was for sure visiting us and today we have to wait for a decision if he actually will be visiting us? I think I'll sit this one out until he actually leaves campus and comments on said visit.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+9 HS
OSU069's picture

I don't think he actually said he was coming for sure last week, just that he was planning to. 

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Wait, I thought you said nah I'm alright Spider?

+4 HS
Alpo's picture

"what am I on your pay no mind list, kid?" love the goodfellas quote Dump!

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Go f*<k yourself Tommy.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+2 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

My thoughts exactly. I thought this was a redundant post until I see somehow overnight he went from attending to not attending so that maybe attending becomes good news. I'm starting to think Gibson is some kind of Jedi.

Braxton2Devin's picture

I really don't give a shit anymore 

+3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

While I understand the sentiment I'm thinking it could have been put in a better way. I feel like you'd care as much as most would if and when he says I'm taking my talents to columbus.

+5 HS
Son of Sevenless's picture

Have to agree on this.

+2 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Wait, who is Torrance Gibson?...

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+2 HS
Urban Nation Army's picture

Shelton Gibson is coming to OSU??????

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

+9 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Would be awesome and you take him in a second

O'Deez330
stark county football

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Debbie Gibson did Playboy once...

+5 HS
Habu71's picture

Kirk Gibson was a Dodger.

(As a Reds fan that remembers being in the NL West, I never liked the Dodgers)

Buckeye Knight's picture

Gibson announced his top 3 answers as to whether or not he's coming to FNL. In no order the top 3 are "maybe, yes, and no".

+12 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks a lot ... that clears things up

+3 HS
Crimson's picture

A close fourth was "get out of my yard."

buckeyeboy31's picture

5th was "only if Ryan Timmons will be there"

theopulas's picture

he is 17 guys....maybe we can cut him a break.....

Theopulas

-1 HS
KingsRite's picture

Still concerned about that 315 traffic...

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

BuckeyeRealist13's picture

I remember, seemingly as early as last winter, some on the the 11W staff predicting that if Torrance Gibson ever visited tOSU, that they believed tOSU would be the favorites. After everything and all of the rumors that TG / OSU has been through regarding this kid, it would be something if in the end 11W nailed this prediction. Judging the majority of Vol fans on Twitter, there is nothing that would make me happier than their proclaimed savior committing to the good guys. Go Bucks! 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

+2 HS
Humbuck's picture

The  hardcore Tennessee recruiting followers are starting to jump ship on Gibson.  Typical Vol stuff, they are talking about how they already have 2 QB's committed in the 2015 class and how Gibson is looking for cash and overrated as a QB.  That is the Vol MO when they know they are losing their grip.  They loved him when he spent all kinds of time and put them #1 and now that he is trending away he suddenly sucks. 

I've had my reservations about Gibson for a long time.  He isn't a kid who can walk in and start right away and I don't know how his personality will deal with that reality.  His arm needs work and he is 6'4 and weighs about 200 pounds soaking wet.  He needs about 30 pounds and some time in the system.  A guy like Pryor came in weighing 235-240 and was durable so he could take the hits. Miller started too soon but he went  6'1 220 when he started, we had no choice but in a perfect world he is a RS JR right now. 

If Urban wants him I think he lands him. 

+1 HS
BuckeyeRealist13's picture

I feel as if Vol fans are just throwing the "looking for cash" statement out just so they have a built in excuse. Wether it be Auburn or tOSU or another school, the ONLY reason TG chose them over the Vols is because they paid him. Vol fans are sad, sad sports fans. 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

+1 HS
Humbuck's picture

Fully agree.  They still claim we paid Vonn Bell and set his mom up with a house and a job in Columbus. 

Tenn fans always rub it in when they get a recruit and they always disparage a recruit who goes elsewhere.  It is pathological and they might be one of the worst fanbases going. 

+1 HS
CuseGirl's picture

Well did she move to Columbus and get a job there?

And you know THIS....man!

-2 HS
Humbuck's picture

If you believe Tenn fans then she resigned on national signing day and took a job at Ohio State.  Given the national media's interest in all things OSU NCAA violation worthy it is highly unlikely she landed a job at OSU on the same day her son committed. 

Clay Travis would have been busy reporting on it for the past two years so my guess is no.

Crimson's picture

Miller started too soon but he went  6'1 220 when he started, we had no choice

Well, a guy named Kenny Guiton was on the team at the time . . .

Edit: Please shoot me for not hitting the reply button.

+1 HS
Humbuck's picture

Don't get me wrong, Kenny Guiton became a Buckeye folk hero as a RSJR/SR but as a SO he could not beat out Joe Bauserman  who is among the all time worst QB's we have ever had.  Even after Miller took the job Bauserman was the firm #2. 

Guiton flourished under Tom Herman and Urban Meyer.  They gave him a second chance to apply himself, something he wasn't doing under the previous staff. By his own admission he was lazy and unprepared in 2011.  The staff had 2 unpolished QB's and a tarnished QB to choose from.  They picked the more athletic unpolished QB and left him to fend for himself.  . 

+1 HS
BUCK-I-FAN's picture

Too bad we did have Urban when we had Pryor here. Don't get me wrong I love Jim Tressel, but it's obvious to me Pryor would have improved ten fold under Herman and Urban, IMO.

+2 HS