Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Braxton Miller worked with George Whitfield, QB Whisperer, again.

BuckeyeRick's picture
June 27, 2014 at 9:32pm
30 Comments

Braxton Miller was apparently working with George Whitfield this week. George Whitfield, aka the QB Whisperer, has made quite a name for himself in recent years, working in football's offseason with players like Ben Roethlisberger,Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton and Andrew Luck (and garnering rave reviews in the process). Braxton worked with him last year, if you recall. Their relationship was well document on here.

BuckeyeRick's picture

2014 Heisman Winner. 

+9 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

He is really going to need to execute especially with the short passes if we are going to be dominant. I bet he will be really improved though.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Is there a WR whisper out there?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+8 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

I don't know, but this can't hurt...

+16 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Wow man I watched Jalin a couple times in person and I had no clue whatsoever he was that short. I know cameras can pull illusions with angles and lighting and shit but I'm 5'10 and he seemed like a couple inches taller standing 2 ft. away. 

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

osu407's picture

Jalin is getting ripped. 

Also, most work Monday through Thursday, those that become elite work on Friday nights and other weekend nights. 

+2 HS
BierStube's picture

Oh shoot .. wrong George ... well maybe not!  Anyway, as long as it helps Braxton be the best he can be, I am all for it!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

+4 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Does anyone know how exactly Whitfield built this reputation? What does he know or what can he do that others can't?

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Too lazy to look up all his history and chaos in the pocket drills and theories...but essentially he did some research that a very very small number of throws were from a clean pocket with form...a vast majority of throws are made from chaotic pockets or on the move. He has tailored his teachings to that. Throwing from the ocean waves in knee deep water, waving Brooms in QBs faces while they make reads, etc. Being a Tiffin guy he first worked with Roethlisberger and seemed to springboard from there. 

Your question is humorous as his resume was called out a month or two ago. He claimed to have played arena football and that was found to be BS. Don't think anything ever really  came of it though. 

+5 HS
cinserious's picture

Quentin Tarantino bullshitted his way into becoming one of the greatest writers/directors in Hollywood in my generation. Turned out pretty nice I'd say. On the other hand....

George O'Leary= Faker!

q

d

Manti Te'o=Faker! 

g

Jim Bollman=Faker (and walrus) 

j

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

-1 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

Sports Illustrated did a video segment on Whitfield and his QB camp last year. It's about 5 minutes long and a great watch. 

http://www.si.com/nfl/video/2013/02/06/george-whitfield-jr-qb-whisperer?...

+1 HS
osu407's picture

Braxton's best is already phenomenal, consistency is the only thing that stands between Braxton and a heisman, a national championship, and a spot at the top of OSU lore for a very long time to come.   Hopefully the qb guru, Herman, or Miller himself can get the consistency needed to reach  these lofty but attainable goals. If you rewatch the Wisconsin game, Braxton was great, if we can get that type if performance from him in all games and combine it with the other playmakers we have accumulated we will be a very realistic championship contender. 

+4 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Compare 2012 Brax to 2013 Brax and the improvement is amazing. He doesn't need to take a huge leap forward like he did in 2012-13 but imagine if he does? Stay healthy XBrax (keeps fingers crossed, rubs lucky rabbits foot, throws salt over shoulder and kisses a female leprechaun).

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+4 HS
cinserious's picture

And always, always keep that lucky buckeye in thy pocket my friend.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+2 HS
ibuck's picture

Female leprechauns?  Do these exist?

Are they the pot o'gold at rainbow's end?

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end !

If you can't win your conference, just quietly accept your non-playoff bowl game.

Knarcisi's picture

Consistent deep ball would be nice. Would back all those DBs off the line of scrimmage and let us run wild with our short game. 

-1 HS
rkylet83's picture

The next step for Braxton is to throw to spots and put more touch on the ball.  Outside of that not much more can be asked of him.  He's a great QB.  He has made probably 50 more plays out of nothing than errors.  He's been as clutch of a performer as I've seen since Troy Smith.

The 2014-15 Buckeyes need to have a defense that resembles the defenses of the early Tressel years.  If our offense had a defense that could stop the pass and tackle in space we would have won the 2013 Title Game.  

+1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

Tressels defenses in the early years were Dantonio's defenses before he left. Hell yeah we need that again

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

buckeyeguy0615's picture

So these players go across the country to see this random, sketchy dude who chases after them with brooms?

-1 HS
Orlando Buckeye's picture

The pic is tagged in Columbus so I guess the sketchy dude came to see him.

+3 HS
ibuck's picture

If the player will listen, understand and learn from a coach, yes. Even if the local coach is better, but the player is less likely to listen.

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end !

If you can't win your conference, just quietly accept your non-playoff bowl game.

Tampabuckeye85's picture

I know names have been thrown out there on who is going to step up and this and that. There are a few who have said it, but you want to know what is going to help Braxton win the heisman? (or should I say who) it's going to be Jalin and Dontre. We have play makers but I honestly have zero doubt it is going to be those two. They will be consistent, they will get yac and they will have sure hands. I do wear Rose color glasses most of the time but when I think about the team this year I get goose bumps and that isn't something that happens often. This team is going to be something special.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for Braxton and Jalin to stay healthy.  Thank you.

Buckeye Nation

+3 HS
allinosu's picture

Also make them play like the 1996 defense.

Seattle Linga's picture

I love BM's shirt - Power Of The Unit - that's a nice bold statement 

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

That's what she said?

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I was curious how long it would take for someone to roll with that phrase. I purposely left the door open Spice - well played!!!!!!!!!!

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

It was so obvious that it confused me

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man