Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Mike Bennett weighs in on the union issue.

0 HS
BigLights's picture
April 1, 2014 at 6:45pm
15 Comments

Mike Bennett was very nearly a Northwestern Wildcat and he was asked about the union issue HERE

“I don’t know the full reason behind their union. I don’t agree necessarily with football players being unionized. We don’t necessarily see the money, but we are getting a lot of benefit out of our scholarships. It just kind of seems silly to want to be unionized because we get a lot of stuff that people don’t get. Yeah, we don’t get the same opportunities, but we can get set up for life after football if we really want to. So it’s all about taking advantage of what you do  get. I don’t think the union is necessarily a great idea. Everyone wants to get more money all the time, but I mean we’re getting a good amount.”

also:

“Yeah, it would be nice to get a little bit more, especially… I mean the cost of living is going up and I don’t think our stipend is going up, so I’d say a little bit more money is always nice but I’m not really in the business of trying to force people to do that.” 

Big Mike's comments came off to be really humble and thoughtful to me so I thought I would share.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments