Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

If OSU beat Florida in the tourney...

bcarp87's picture
March 26, 2014 at 2:57pm
15 Comments

Wouldn't you want the Dispatch to troll them?

Why is everyone worked up about what the Dayton Daily News does? I'm not offended at all, good for them.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I would be too busy doing backflips to care what the Dispatch did.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

I'm happily cheering for Dayton. Dayton beat us fair and square. Shame on us. Congrats to them. They're the best basketball team this year to represent the Buckeye state.

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Not really, simply beating Florida would be good enough for me.

Class of 2010.

+4 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

not everyone!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Buckeye Knight's picture

Beating Florida or scUM?  Yes, troll away.  If OSU beat Cincy, Xavier, or Dayton?  Not really.

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Apples and oranges my friend. 

+1 HS
bcarp87's picture

That's my point Knight. Dayton is Dayton to us, but them beating us is like us beating Florida. Even that is probably understated.

Hovenaut's picture

What's a Dispatch? I've seemingly have no recollection of what that is...(especially since 11/3/2012).

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

brandonbauer87's picture

I think it's all in good fun. They earned it. I wouldn't feel any different had we lost to any other 11 seed. The loss alone hurts more than who it was against. 

mh277907's picture

I couldn't care less. It is just funny to me because there are so few fans who strictly like Dayton basketball. And damn near every UD fan roots for OSU in football (and a lot of the time in basketball, as well). This isn't Michigan-Michigan St. There has never been an sense of arrogance or this "little brother" shtick from Ohio State fans. And most UD and other fans of Ohio MAC teams, with the exception of some diehard Cincy fans, understand that Ohio State is in a lose-lose situation with scheduling these teams. So, if the newspaper wants to take the attention away from its team and what the have accomplished and focus on taking cheap shots at OSU so be it. I, along with the majority of Buckeye fans, will be rooting for UD this weekend. 

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
jenks's picture

UV 'cause I'm not sure why you got a DV...

At any rate, I'm one of those fans you speak of (being from Dayton, of course). I can't say as though I've seen any similarly situated fans trolling OSU because they are also OSU fans.  Honestly, I think it's the people who aren't really sports fans and hate hearing about it that are doing the trolling, or are the die-hard UC folks you speak of who would troll anything anti-OSU, not just UD beating OSU.  Dayton has some strong basketball pride and it's nice to see them finally making something of it again.  For me, the first round game was a win-win. I took it as it was and have moved on, strongly pulling for UD to go the distance.  Had OSU won, I'd be doing the same thing for them.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

I would imagine most UD fans felt the same way about the first round as you did - sort of a win/win (like how I would feel if OU played OSU). Point is, we don't have a rivalry like MSU-UM so I'm not a huge fan of the cheap shots but I'm not going to take it personally. 

buckeyebobcat

Seattle Linga's picture

Not the trolling kind here - victory would speak for itself.

Mortc15's picture

I also don't understand the upset about this. If you dont want teams and fans making fun of you, especially teams that are seemingly inferior, don't let them beat you. Dayton won. Theyre in the Sweet 16 and deserve to celebrate.

Buck-I4Life

SweetBabyJames's picture

it would have been sweet to have beaten kansas and then kentucky a couple years back..but thats just how she goes