College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Losing Effect: That Team

Matt Gutridge's picture
October 5, 2014 at 10:38am
14 Comments
2-4

Another week and yet another loss for That Team. This is turning into a weekly segment as they have lost three straight games. I can't believe I'm writing this, but I'm beginning to hope That Team wins because I don't have time for this extra work.

A writer at MGoBlog.com prognosticates the rest of the Wolverines' season with this:

Given the schedule from here, the Wolverines would be lucky to go 6-6 and unlikely to win four. When the team is this bad and the coaches’ meat this dead, we can check out, or just enjoy the occasional exploits of those who won’t.

Now onto the meltdown:

REACTION TO THE CALL

Todd92:

Why all of the whining about the Darboh call?  It's not like the refs didn't give more bad calls back to us in our favor.  We lost becasue our coaches suck.  We have coaches that suck becasue we have an AD that sucks.  Any other discussion is just useless noise.

Catch?

BlackMethod:

I can see the B1G issuing an apology for the missed catch call, but also for the blown PI and facemask calls that went our way, thus nullifying any joy. We can't have nice things.

DHughes5218:

I watched the replay several times and it was clearly a catch...The BigTen brass will inevitably stand by the call, but anyone who saw the play knows it was total bullshit...

...Football is a game of momentum and inches - when a ref screws you out of 8 yards on a third down late in the 4th quarter it can alter your season from that moment on. Total bullshit and the BigTen officials should at least admit to their mistake. 

The voice of reason?

Mike60586:

I disagree. It was Michigan vs Rutgers. We should have never been it that position in the first place. While I do agree with you that it was a bad call...there were over 150 other plays that impacted the game.

I think blaming the refs is an easy excuse for terrible play overall.

Does Brandon go against his word and fire Hoke this week?

Does Brandon go against his word and fire Hoke this week?

THE STATE OF THE PROGRAM

Mocha Cub:

These kids deserve better than this.

The response to Mocha Cub?

Miles was right:

Fuck you. They deserve exactly what they're getting. They gotten all the benefits if being a michigan player and apparently arent getting it done. By hey LAUGHING in the sideline when bellomy cannot find his helmet while getting blown out by Minnesota. Its thst exact loser attitude that allows them to be "kids", is whats wrong here.

DetroitBlue:

Our coach is a stumbling, bumbling fool and it's not going to get any better.

Blue in Yarmouth:

If the culture you want to create is one of losing, dishonestly and incompetence than sure, give him another year. Honestly, if this guy was Rich Rod he would have been run out of town ages ago. The double standard is laughable.

On ABC World News Tonight.

On ABC World News Tonight..

NJblue2:

Losing to Rutgers is so fucking sad. Sitting with my friends making fun of me and Michigan was pretty ass. Michigan is truly a joke now, I hope the next coach is truly amazing.

Tim Waymen:

Hoke's job coaching this season may go down as not just the worst in Michigan history, but possibly among the worst in CFB history.

AMazinBlue:

there really is no hope.  Any victory at this point is almost meaningless.  I feel for the kids, but the staff and the AD should have to give their salaries for 2014 back and walk away with no contracted $$.

LonelyHeadset:

I went to see Gone Girl instead of watching Michigan play football...and I gotta tell ya, it was great. I know what I'll be doing next Saturday night, going back to the movies after watching the good teams play in the afternoon. 

Jaysvw:

Has anyone really observed anything that makes them think we will win another game this year?

Our coach is a stumbling, bumbling fool and it's not going to get any better.

"Our coach is a stumbling, bumbling fool and it's not going to get any better." - DetroitBlue

Japaneses Characters:

Everyone pray for 3-9. Our next win is probably UNLV next year if Brandon is still running his circus. Can't wait for the Hindenburg flyover next week. 

HonoluluBlue:

Seriously? Can we ask for a running clock from this point out? 6-6? I will be happy with 3-9 as that means we will win a game.

BIG CONSPIRACY?

Jevablue:

Is Delaney behind a master plan for Rutgers this season?

Is Delaney behind a master plan for Rutgers this season?

I never understood why other fans were so callous about the rest of the Big Ten.  I was always one to root for all the teams not playing M for the good of the conference. BUT NOW I FUCKING GET IT. This game tonight was a fucking joke.  As soon as Blue was in position to win this they get fucked, and yes, in super slow motion, they got fucked on that replay.  ANd again, it is so compelling to Delaney that we have a 5-1 Rutgers team in this new and exciting market! And if a historically bad 2-4 M team is trying to pull itself up off the canvas and show some grit, well fuck them.  Screw BIG. Please go  zero for fucking everything in the bowl season. Can't wait!

It appears the fans of your team are mad.

It appears the fans of your team are mad.

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, CRITICIZE THE REPORTING:

SeafoodProf:

When are you guys going to get back to analyzing football here? I get that the team sucks and the coaches are dead men walking but this content isn't fun to read.

The FannMan:

Fun to read? You came here after that game and expected fun?

The last laugh.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments