College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Evolution of The Seminoles helmet

Scarlet_Buckeye's picture
August 29, 2014 at 6:36pm
8 Comments
buckuar's picture

Whether you like FSU or not...  That's a great way to present those helmets...

+3 HS
BROSEPH's picture

Cool idea.  I'm digging their new helmet.  Love the matte finish.

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Didn't Burt Reynolds have a lot to do with the integration of the alternate uniforms at FSU, which ended up being some of the first alternate unis anywhere.

KBonay's picture

Yeah, he used to contribute to new uni's and was very close with Bowden.  Below is a tidbit taken from an article I was reading.  Burt was also responsible for the White Pants uniform they wore and the ALL Garnet uniforms they wore.  My oldest bro went to FSU, so I have been to a number of games there.  Fantastic place to see a game.  So different from an Ohio State game, but fun as well. 

Bowden has mentioned that he and Reynolds designed the arrow helmet together.  Monk Bonasorte was an FSU safety and All-American who now directs the fabulously successful Varsity Club program.  “Back in 1979 when I played, our uniforms were actually in kind of poor condition.  They were patched up because uniforms were expensive and the school didn’t have a lot of money,” he says.  “Burt bought the first set of gold pants – they were actually called Notre Dame gold.  It was the first time we’d had new uniforms in awhile.”  Reynolds bought the first set of all-garnet uniforms too, and had some of his Hollywood pals tweak the design

FunZone's picture

The two helmets for this year are sharp

I asked Braxton how his knee was before halftime at Berkeley and he said, "What up, man."

+1 HS
The Butler's picture

Very cool. 

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

OSU069's picture

The alternate helmet is sweet. 

ponder10's picture

Boy that '62 helmet seems a bit racist... maybe worse than the Indians mascot.

“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.” ~ Baba Dioum