College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

3,000 + tickets available for Michigan's opener, some as low as $30

johnblairgobucks's picture
August 20, 2014 at 8:27pm
13 Comments

A lot of tickets available for some Power 5 Conference teams:

Game.                           Tickets available.                     As low as

Eastern Illinos @ Minnesota.               1,300.               $16

Weber State @ #19 Arizona State.       2,800               $6

UNLV @ Arizona.                                   900.                 $9

Youngstown State @Illinois.                2,300.                $ 7

James Madison @ Maryland.               3,100.               $4

UC Davis @ Stanford.                         3,400.                 $6

South Dakota @ Oregon.                     3,200.                $16

Lots of schools have bargains to see a game.

VintonCountyBuck's picture

I would gladly spend the six bucks, if Stanford would only send a car to pick me up...

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+6 HS
D56GoBucks's picture

Any ticket to a game in Autzen going for $16 is inexcusable. 

"Anything easy ain't worth a damn"

+2 HS
M Man's picture

If we only draw a measley non-sellout crowd of, say 104,000, we will have outdrawn the Buckeyes' 2013 home opener (Buffalo).

-6 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

IMO, if the Horseshoe had 130,000 seats and tickets were available for $30, it would be sold out.

I may hate your team, but I didn't cast you a downvote.

+8 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Ohio State didn't have to cut ticket prices and throw said prices in the fanbase's face a month before the season to fill seats though, M Man.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
Woodshed's picture

I see another mich. Groupon coming on!

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Elle Oh Elle!

Their fan base most be growing weary of that troubled program.

I think it's now safe to say we can now lay to rest their grandiose, baseless and false claim of the biggest fan base in college sports.  That belongs to us, Mr. and Mrs Walverine.

Those 'fans' up there have turned in their Sun and Blue and are now wearing green and buying tickets to that other campus/stadium in East Lansing.

If you need italics to understand or imply sarcasm, then you're doing it wrong.

M Man's picture

Spoken like somebody who really knows very little about Michigan.

The Spartans had one sellout last year; the Michigan game.  Which also happened to be the absolute worst weather of any game on the home schedule.

The ricketty little Spartan Stadium seats 75,000 wretched souls.  THE University of Michigan brought in 76,000.  All their other games were less than 72,000.

-2 HS
Oyster's picture

We have a basic math problem here.  Capacity is 75K, but ttun brought in 76K.  That does not add up.  Also, that would mean that not a single Spartan fan was in attendance.  What are you spiking your coffee with this morning?

M Man's picture

Oh come on.  Do I have to explain it to you?

Until this year, Ohio Stadium's stated capacity was 102,329.  But your athletic department says that your biggest home attendance was more than 105,000 (attracted by Michigan).  Your athletic department is wrong, right?  You had a couple of even larger-reported crowds for night games versus Nebraska and USC, right?

And no, I didn't suggest that all of the attendees in Spartan Stadium were Michigan fans.  All that I suggested was that "Michigan" was the biggest day of the year in East Lansing.  Just like it is in Columbus, Madison, Evanston, State College, South Bend, etc., etc.

Oyster's picture

I never mentioned OSU, so I'm not sure where that rant came from?  And, you did so suggest it was all ttun fans, you even said it was 1,000 more than the stadium could handle.  Your words, not mine.

-1 HS
M Man's picture

No no no.  What I said was that Mighigan "brought in more than 76,000..."  And it is beyond obvious, in this state.  Michigan is, by a factor of about a million percent, the big game on Sparty's calendar.  "Michigan," as an attraction, is guaranteed to sell out Spartan Stadium (whoever might buy the tickets) more than any other game on their schedule.  Just look at the numbers.

It's going to be interesting this year.  Sparty has a night game with OSU, and a day game with Michigan, within a space of two weeks.  I can't say which game will be better-attended.  But they'll both be beyond the stadium's stated capacity.  And completely unlike anything else on the MSU schedule.

-2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

If it didnt cause me to miss the OSU opener I would go to the UM/App State game. They are basically giving away tickets to that game in my workplace and no one wants them. The line is at 35 already.