College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Zach Mettenberger - A Positive Story from the College Football World

BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture
July 27, 2014 at 7:35pm
11 Comments

Friends, we hear a lot about the players who make very bad choices.  I thought I might point out a young man who made a good choice or two.  

Zach Mettenberger is a new QB for the Titans, straight out of LSU, in case you didn't know.  The young man was at a Nashville bar and was, by all accounts, minding his own business when an Alabama fan sucker punched him.  Mettenberger didn't sue (I'm not an attorney, but I do like when people give and receive appropriate mulligans) and he didn't pound the aggressor into the ground with a bar stool.  So let's enjoy this story alongside all of the ones that characterize college athletes or recent graduates in a less complimentary light.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24639035/zach-mettenberger-i-get-roll-tided-a-lot-in-wake-of-sucker-punch

Jbuckham94's picture

What the heck caused this to take place?

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

This is in bad taste.

Our Honor Defend!

KBonay's picture

If you knew about his shady history (including sexual harassment) maybe you wouldn't feel too sorry for him.  But to each his own.

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

I don't care what he did, that's cold.

Our Honor Defend!

brandonbauer87's picture

I agree. I'm not usually the type to give a shit, but that made me a little uncomfortable while watching. 

cajunbuckeye's picture

I felt nothing, but I did notice the obvious excitement of Tides #42.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
logamaniac's picture

as far as i know he exposed himself at a college bar while wasted underage.  once.  after that you didn't hear anything negative about him, so I'm willing to chalk that up to a kids mistake.  maybe you shouldn't go throwing stones brah

Buckeyeneer's picture

Compensation for Jordan Jefferson? In all seriousness, good for him. I was furious when Tyler Moeller was attacked, I'm just glad that Mettenberger was able to shake it off.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

Seattle Linga's picture

Seems like a very classy young man 

+1 HS
Ohio State Ombre's picture

sounds like he has turned a corner. he had his fair share if issues. he was in the same recruiting class as aaron murray at georgia but got kicked out of school after a guilty plea in a sexual battery case.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/05/forme...

+3 HS