College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Zack Darlington

HattanBuck85's picture
June 18, 2014 at 11:31am
8 Comments

Hey, y'all. Does anyone have any update on QB Zack Darlington? I know he suffered a serious concussion and is headed to Nebraska but is he healthy enough to play anymore? Pre injury, I thought he was going to be a beast in college. Best of luck to the kid...

Squirrel Master's picture

here is the most recent article that has something about him, but nothing more than what is already known.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mckewon-huskers-hit-a-few-snags-in-pursuing...

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Groveport Heisman's picture

With what we know now about the concussion syndrome I would think its going to be a tough decision. If he does play but has that doubt in the back of his mind about the next hit Im not too sure how successful he would be. Wish him nothing but the best but now that I'm a little older health and future health should be #1 priority.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

1MechEng's picture

Interesting that the article listed many Nebraska recruits as also having Ohio U. offers.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

First of all - I loved covering and talking to this kid. Truly one of the "good ones" that I've gotten to know. I talked to him this morning because I saw this thread. He's been medically cleared to play, happened right before he left Nebraska for his abbreviated summer break.

"The doctors were amazed at how much I had healed."

HattanBuck85's picture

Awesome. Thanks, Birm! 

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

At 17 I could heal from almost anything. At 30 I need a month to heal from a paper cut.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

Great news glad to hear. We wish him the best of luck at Nebraska. 

Silver Bullet 10's picture

I'm a big fan of Z-Magic and I will be throughout his career. Kid is a warrior and a true football player. Class act and a great representative of Big Ten football and the Nebraska Cornhuskers.