College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Finding other fanbases

BuckeyeBBD's picture
June 1, 2014 at 5:12pm
12 Comments

I really enjoy coming to 11W every day for my Buckeye fix.  I have been looking for other fan base forums and news sites for other programs and haven't had much luck.  Most of the sites I have found don't compare to 11W in the quality or quantity of articles, if they post articles at all.

I was hoping that this thread could be a collection of some of the better fan base forums and news sites for programs across the country.  I'd like to avoid sites like Rivals, Scout, and 247 that we all know exist. I'd really appreciate the help!

*Edit: I should have mentioned that I'm aware of MGoBlog and SB pages*

FROMTHE18's picture

There can be only one fan base.

+9 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I don't know about better, but if you want a good laugh you should try out Mgo(M*chigan), VolNation(Tennessee), and Irishenvy( Notre Dame).

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Buckeye Knight's picture

Does reading VolNation even make sense or do you get a headache trying to decipher WTF they are trying to say?

danman9450's picture

landgrantholyland.com has some good reads. lacks in forum posts for whatever reason though.

+1 HS
sharks's picture

The writing isnt as good as here, but the recruit access is better.  

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

-1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Excuse me Sir?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Pleeeeeeeease go check out MGoBlog and then come back when you're done laughing and crying hysterically. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
BuckeyeBBD's picture

I love that site! I think it's great that the mentally challenged are given internet access.

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

The delusional fan base on Mgoblog makes it possible to justify anything in this life. 

+1 HS
OSUPhilosopherAndHomer's picture

I pay a visit to MgoBlog every now and then but find the site absolutely unnavigable. I second the notion that landgrantholyland is worth visiting.

“This is America! And in America, if something sucks, you're supposed to be able to get your money back!”
-Stan

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Shaggy Bevo (Tejas) & Tiger Droppings (LSU) are both worth visiting.

I think everyone must stop by BWI once so as never to forget that PSU is a blight upon the land.

+2 HS