College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

ESPN makes fun of SEC

MacG91's picture
May 29, 2014 at 12:06pm
16 Comments
GoBucksOSU's picture

Great article. However, it is not ground breaking since it was written by Adam Rittenberg who is one of the writers on the Big Ten blog. Would have blown my mind if it was written from someone not associated with ESPN's Big Ten blog.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Straight up that is the best article Rittenberg has ever written!

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

That's not saying much.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

And 37-man recruiting classes.

HAHAHA

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

The last couple of sentences are hilarious!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

Buckeye Knight's picture

I don't have a problem with the NCAA making and enforcing the SEC's 50 mile rule, just after they adopt the BIG's oversigning rules.

+1 HS
William's picture

I feel for Rittenberg, he's one of the few rational writers at ESPN, working with his colleagues must feel like living out Idiocracy. Good read. 

+3 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Those are B1G bloggers, not good ones, but B1G bloggers; if i'm not mistaken, they're freelance too. They write questionable stuff about the U of SEC on occasion.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Here's hoping OSU tries to do something similar...imagine if they were at a camp where they could work with Gibson...wouldn't that help?

OSUpawn's picture

Rettenburg was later reprimanded and was reminded that SEC is king.  He had to write I'm sorry SEC on the big board 50 times. 

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

That was quite literally the greatest thing I have ever read on ESPN.com.

Our Honor Defend!

Furious George 27's picture

"How could Division III power Wisconsin-Whitewater turn down a chance to bring back favorite son Bret Bielema to America's dairyland?"

Easy, they have standards.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Also, could lead to a cheeseburger and (deep fried) Twinkie shortage in Whitewater....

Danify's picture

This would've blown my mine if it was written by Pat Forde...

Groveport Heisman's picture

All the rules these fairies push to the limit and they are going to cry about this? Shows what a bunch of panzies they really are. Also shows they will band together and keep transgressions in house. My 30/30 needs cleaned I'll be busy for the next hour or so.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS