Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Allbirds: Who Wears Them?

+3 HS
SilvioDante's picture
July 29, 2018 at 10:10pm
29 Comments

Allbirds have been around for a few years, and for anyone on the West Coast (NorCal, CP) they are probably old news. OK, what are they?

Merino wool uppers, merino wool liners, low density foam soles. They aren't the most stylish, but don't scream disgusting. Really somewhat nondescript. I have a buddy out West who has been singing their praise for quite sometime.

A few weeks back, we were together and he reaches down, pulls his shoe off and tells me to try it on. I mean, we had been together for about 6 hours at this point, even played 9 holes at a chip and putt, I wasn't looking to try on his shoe but he was insistent. I finally obliged and it felt like I slipped my foot into a cloud. I asked for his other shoe and walked around the house. I was all but sold in the moment. I have since read a few reviews on their durability and overall comfort for knees and back and became skeptical and at $95, that's at the upper range for a pair of shoes for me.

I finally pulled the trigger tonight on a pair of all black wool runners. Does anyone else have experience with them? Has anyone ever heard of them? If not, what are a pair of shoes or footwear you have that are maybe not widely known or popular?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments