Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Super Bowl Sunday looks like a good day todo some shots.

+7 HS
KevinJ's picture
February 4, 2017 at 3:43pm
9 Comments

Pig Shots - take your favorite sausage be it Polish, Kielbasa, Italian, (I'm using Andouille) or whatever. Slice into 1/2 inch disks, you can remove the casing or not, your preference.  Take a half piece of bacon wrap it around the disc, pin it with a toothpick,  add whatever you think you'd like in the shot.

I've done cream cheese a mix of cream cheese/blue cheese, cream cheese/cheddar, just cheddar and for tomorrow I'm shredding up some habanero cheddar. I've also added to the cheese stuffing in the past chopped jalapeños and hatch chiles. Throw on some of your favorite pork rub and you are ready to cook.

These will be going on the Weber Smokey Mountain for about 90 minutes give or take and that's cooking at 275-300, if you're a low and slow guy/girl (225/250) they might take 2hrs. You don't have to smoke them you can cook them indirect on your gas grill or even in the oven, if baking you need a baking rack that sits elevated in a pan so they aren't swimming in grease. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments