Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Youngstown State's fall from dominance

0 HS
DefendYoungstown's picture
November 23, 2014 at 11:25am
3 Comments

Any other Penguins out there tired of the medoricraty that is YSU football?  Wolford has been there long enough and had plenty of time to build a team that is capable of competing.  The concern I have is that they can beat teams they shouldn't (North Dakota State in 11', Pitt in 12')  but don't beat teams they should dominate.  That tells me that the issue is coaching and not the talent.  We have never been a force in the MVC and NE Ohio has great football talent.  My hope is that with Tressel being the president of YSU (even if from a distance) he gets involved in the football program.  I can envision a sitdown with the Wolf and Tress re-educating him of the local talent that he is overlooking going after kids from out of the area.  Tressel has to cringe watching games from the presidents suite with the coaching decisions this guy makes. Football is a major revenue generator, Tressel is not going to let money slip through the cracks with a sub standard product on the field year after year.  Your thoughts?

And once again, YSU is on the outside looking in on the FBS playoffs.  SMH... 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments