Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Just a bit of the old ultra thank yous

Hovenaut's picture
August 29, 2014 at 7:14am
32 Comments

As we've reached the end of our most recent offseason of discontent (f you, torn labrums), I wanted to take a moment and offer up my sincere gratitude to the staff for all their efforts in keeping a pulse on all things Buckeye football - as well as providing news on all things OSU athletics. 

I'm excited for the upcoming season, and cannot put into words how important 11W is for me. Since I'm about 400 miles away from Columbus, and a few miles more from my birth turf in NW Ohio, it's sufficient to say I've relied on family, journalism and social media to get my Buckeye fix. The site has opened a new world for me, and aside from getting my sorry ass to a football game one of these days, I'm living my Buckeye fandom vicariously through Eleven Warriors. 

I see the gratitude expressed often enough, the site goes as the commentariat does, and Eleven Warriors has the finest damn bunch in the land. But again I just wanted to stop and take a moment to salute all involved and/or participate here - it's great to always be a Buckeye, and it's even better to be a Buckeye on Eleven Warriors. 

So here's to the recent past, to today, and to (what I hope should be) a very good future. Cheers (if I ever get that friggin' Premium Lounge tab straightened out, first drinks are on me)!

Go Buckeyes!

aboynamedtracy's picture

I echo those sentiments from deep-down in my gutty-wuts.

+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture
+7 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
Orangeslash's picture

Agreed. Living in Florida, this is the only way I keep up to date with everything Buckeyes. Thanks to everyone involved.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I think I can speak for all of us "Out of Towners" We absolutely love and count on 11W for every bit of Buckeye News across the lands. I have read that there are Buckeye Brethren that live outside of the USA and I know they appreciate this site even more. I used to get my fix by watching ONN sports on line or listen to 97.1 daily talk shows (still occasionally do) however by miles and miles this site has never been duplicated to the level of writing and professionalism. Thanks for all you do staff.

+2 HS
THE's picture

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+6 HS
Geraffi's picture

True words. I love this site and the 11 W community.  I think I check in about 20 times a day. 

Thanks, 11 W!

Go Bucks!  Beat Navy!

+2 HS
BeatTTUN's picture

A GIANT Thank You to the Dudes that put this site together and the Dudes that post here.

This site proves that clearly I am not alone in the universe there are other Buckeye fans that crave all things Buckeye (mainly football , but we acknowledge the rest as appetizers until kick off)

I need Buckeye Football back so bad, i am tired of watching 2013 replays on youtube, and I am beyond tired of watching Philly Brown fumble the punt over and over again when we are up 9 and about to get the ball Mother Puss bucket!

where was I? oh yeah Thanks Dudes and

LETS GO BUCKEYES!

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan

+1 HS
BeatTTUN's picture

Word

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Same sentiments here, Hove. I live the opposite direction from Columbus and my home town, but 11W has been my best connection to all things home. I follow the Buckeyes a lot more closely than my brother, who lives in Columbus and works right next to campus.

+1 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

what he said

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

+1 HS
TUNBUCK89's picture

I whole hartedly concur with all that was said. A great site with a the greatest community.

+1 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture

Tunbuck, I highly doubt Hart would agree with the awesomeness of this site...but yeah, nice touch.

+1 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture

Here, here, Hove!

I've been lurking most every day, and have to agree that the writing and information here is second to none.  The commenters also seem to keep it reasonably sensible, and for the most part, courteous tolerant indifferent dismissive even to trolls.

It's been a long offseason...I've moved twice, and am now in Washington, D.C., but alas, unable to go to the game.  I found a Buckeye Bar in Silver Spring where I will park my keester for the day and lose my voice for three more!

Gear up...it's Game Time!!

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Hove, you're a class act.  Keep on keepin' on man.

"If you root for Michigan, the terrorists win."

+1 HS
sharks's picture

I'd cover that tab, but they don't allow my type in the lounge.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I'm going to express my gratitude through the majesty of song...

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

you couldn't find one with the actual intro. The truck moving with all the junk is a must,

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Eh, I'm lazy this morning. I did a quick search and just grabbed one. I wanted a joyous gif from Sanford & Son because that seemed appropriate but I don't think there is such a thing from Sanford & Son.

+1 HS

searching for this video I couldn't help myself. I watched a few clips on youtube and just cracked up so much.

it helped with the OP's avatar.

+1 HS
Montana silver bullet's picture

Met a couple from Piqua in Livingston Montana last night, dude had a Buckeye hat on and I my visor.  That's RARE here---! I know two OSU fans in the area.(there probably are more)  So I concur 11Warriors is my lifeline and appreciate everything done to bring me my fix.  

Now I am addicted and think I may need help

Montana Silver Bullet

+1 HS

lets go with a classic,

and then,

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

Preach on, Brother Hove.

+1 HS
Bluke221's picture

Is the thread title an homage to the great A Clockwork Orange? If so, well done sir.

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+1 HS