Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

On Conformity: Internet Takes Versus Real Life Takes

+2 HS
LCT's picture
January 17, 2018 at 10:33am
94 Comments

For consideration:

1.) I had a text thread going pretty much all season long w/ family members (Dad, Uncles, Brother, Cousins, even an Aunt).  To a person, by the end of the year consensus was that Urban's Loyalty to JT held the team back & as a result the 2017 Ohio State Football Buckeyes underachieved versus what was possible.

2.) I met w/ a client yesterday whom I hadn't seen since early in the season, when we sat down I said "So what'd you think about this season?"  He groaned and sighed before saying "If not for Urban's Love Affair with JT this team could've been in those playoffs."  I thought of this place immediately.

3.) I just heard Biddle & Tim Hall on 97.1 opine that JT's arm strength is subpar and he might not even get a shot in the CFL as a result.

These are nothing against JT personally; by all accounts he's a fine young man and a great Buckeye.  But each of these #takes would be labeled as HOT TAKES here & the poster would be buried immediately in DVs & lots of teeth gnashing would follow, but in the real (non-Internet) world they're perfectly legit assessments of the situation.

Thoughts?

(I fully expect this one not to survive & I'm good w/ that)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 94 Comments