Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

I'm Dan Hope, Eleven Warriors' New Football Beat Writer – AMA

Dan Hope's picture
July 10, 2017 at 9:48am
245 Comments

“I wanna go back to Ohio State, to old Columbus town…”

As the song suggests, there’s something about the school and the city that draws one back.

A December 2014 graduate of The Ohio State University, I’m excited to be back in Columbus as the new football beat writer for Eleven Warriors.

Some of you might be familiar with my previous work. I covered the Buckeyes for The Lantern during my time as an OSU student. Most recently, I spent the better part of two years covering Clemson sports (and took flak from some of you for picking the Tigers to win last year’s Fiesta Bowl) for the Independent Mail in Anderson, South Carolina. I have also written about the NFL and NFL draft for multiple media outlets, including Bleacher Report.

I’ve got big shoes to fill here at Eleven Warriors. Eric Seger, who I’ve considered a friend since our days working together at The Lantern, is a great journalist and a better person. The same can be said about his predecessors: Patrick Maks, also a former Lantern colleague of mine, and Kyle Rowland, whose work I have respected and admired since his days at 11W. I’m honored that Jason and the rest of the Eleven Warriors team believe in my ability to follow in their footsteps.

My goal for this position, as has always been my goal as a sports journalist, will be to provide honest, unbiased coverage of my beat while providing greater context to what happens both on and off the field. While my primary focus will be covering the football team, I will look for stories that need and deserve to be told across all Ohio State sports.

More than anything else, though, my job here at Eleven Warriors is to write stories you want to read and seek answers to your questions. So that's what I'm here to do today. Ask me anything, and I'll be checking this thread throughout the day to answer your questions.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 245 Comments