Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Nakobe Dean’s Drop & NFL GMs

+4 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
April 30, 2022 at 8:52am
89 Comments

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/30/nakobe-dean-says-hes-fully-healthy-doesnt-know-why-his-draft-stock-dropped/amp/

“Things that were not true cost me a lot of money,” Dean said. “That was the thing that was so surprising and mind-boggling. It was never, I went to doctors, got second opinions and everything, and nobody — nobody — said I should have surgery. Nobody had told me I had to have surgery. So, for that to come up and for teams to be saying that and waiting until the day of the draft to say something like that, that was kind of crazy to me.”

Biggest surprise of the draft to me was Nakobe Dean’s drop. On a defense with a lot of talent, he flashed the most. Seems as if some rumor got started and then there was collective groupthink. Are NFL GM’s like junior high girls?  Put on the game tape! 

Reminds me, in a way, of Jordan Fuller dropping to the 6th round… and then promptly turning around and becoming a year one starter in LA.  These kinds of drops happen every year and it just makes me think that NFL GMs are mostly overhyped and overpaid with an overinflated sense of importance. 

Sure, there are some good NFL GMs out there, but it seems many over think things or want to prove how smart they are by picking random dudes or talking themselves out of a sure fire pick.  

How many of you think you could do as good or better in the draft than the GM of your favorite team? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 89 Comments