Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

For Browns Fans - is Stefanski the Long Term Coaching Solution?

+11 HS
PhillyNut's picture
December 13, 2021 at 9:46am
165 Comments

Given that cleveland.com has made it impossible for fans to interact thought I would put this out on a site that is far more welcoming to fanbases.

As I watched the second half yesterday I wanted to throw a brick through the tv at the suddenly conservative play calling. Not the first time for Stefanski to go into a shell when holding a big lead at the half. He seems to outcoach himself by trying to get the game clock to run out before the other team can score enough points to win the game. Seems like a dangerous game of football roulette.

Yesterday he had a defense playing lights out against a banged up Ravens with a backup QB and missing their top two running backs. Suddenly in the second half the defense cannot seem to locate Andrews as he caught passes at will.

Then there was the offensive play calling. Yikes! Despite the missing players due to injury and Covid they had their way in the first half. Then suddenly it was pull it all back and just try to drain the clock.

In my opinion this will not work against healthy good teams (see the Patriots debacle as Exhibit A). It is great that there is harmony and continuity between the head coach, GM, and top management but Stefanski's stoic approach seems to also lack a killer instinct which I think will limit how far this team can ever go no matter how much talent they have.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 165 Comments