Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

2021 Summer Olympics Open Thread Part 2

+14 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture
July 28, 2021 at 1:56pm
289 Comments

An open thread to discuss the Olympics. I think it's best if we just leave the Simone Biles talk in Part 1. I think all of our respective opinions have pretty much all been voiced by this point. Same with the politics. Let's get back to talking about the actual competition. 

***SPOILER WARNING***
Given the time difference and the broadcast delays, there may be spoilers ahead.

The Current and Former Buckeyes Representing the United States in the Olympics:

Current/Incoming Buckeyes:

• Hunter Armstrong // Swimming (100m backstroke, 4x100m medley relay) - Advanced to semis of 100m backstroke but did not qualify for finals, missing the final slot by only 0.01 seconds. Won gold as a member of the 4x100 medley relay team, swimming the backstroke leg.
  • Anavia Battle // Track (200m) - Advanced to the semifinals, where she placed 16th and did not make the final.
  • Adelaide Aquilla // Women's Shot Put - Finished 20th in qualifiers with a best throw of 17.68m and did not qualify for the finals. 
  • Jackson Leverett III // Pistol Shooting (25m rapid fire) - Finished in 25th place in the qualifying round and did not qualify for the finals.
  • Henry Leverett // Pistol Shooting (25m rapid fire) - Finished in 22nd place in the qualifying round and did not qualify for the finals.
  • Ruby Remati // Synchronized Swimming - I think she is a substitute for the US duet team, which did not qualify for the finals, but as the first team out, appears to be listed as a reserve. 

Former Buckeyes:

• Kyle Snyder // Wrestling (97kg Freestyle) - Advanced to the gold medal round, but lost 6-3 to Russia's Abdulrashid Sadulaev. 
  • Christina Clemons // Hurdles (100m) - Finished in 4th place in her semi-final heat, two places short of finals qualification. 
  • Alec Yoder // Gymnastics (Men's Pommel Horse) - Finished with 6th place in the finals. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 289 Comments