Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Urban is a Genius for the Tebow Signing!

+14 HS
Keyser Soze's picture
May 21, 2021 at 1:23pm
119 Comments

After reading 200 comments about his signing on this forum and opinions on other websites that tally well over 800 I have to chuckle and ask all of you..... Did you not think about Urbs background before you commented? Remember he graduated with a psychology degree from cincinnati. 

Everyone needs to take a step back and reassess the knee jerk reactions that Urban did the same shit while he was here at Ohio State, favoritism, nepotism blah blah blah.... what if....

Urban is using Tebow as a distraction to the bright media spotlight and the 300 meters deep water pressure that is on his #1 pick, sunshine? Think about it, normally the media is going to be all over tl like they were Columbus with tatgate.... Now they are focused on the Tim Tebow sideshow and tl gets to learn the playbook and gel with his teammates with only 40-50% of the attention he would have gotten without the TT signing. This is a CIA style, long game play that I'm sure was talked about with Tim before he even came in for a workout.

He is the perfect fit, a 33 year old man that's very intelligent, can play the part without the emotional actions/reactions of a 20 year old... become a sponge for the media, handle it as his full time job and be a positive light in the locker room. As soon as the spotlight starts to move back to sunshine then Tim will up the ante by holding a bible study after practice or something religious that will make the pundits heads explode. 

I would bet that Tebow stays on the 90 man roster until Urban feels like sunshine has had enough time and is ready for the full spotlight, then they sign another real TE and get him a chance before it's too late. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 119 Comments