Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Who is Your Favorite NFL Team and Which Direction Are You Hoping They Go with Their First Round Pick This Year?

+8 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
April 14, 2021 at 7:53am
92 Comments

I'm one of what I guess is very few Eagles fans on the 11w forum, the Eagles have the 12th pick, and on top of that a brand new coaching staff, but the same old terrible front office.

Stories are coming out recently that the environment that owner Jeffrie Lurie and GM Howie Roseman have created inside the Eagles FO is actually toxic and that former coach Doug Pederson was treated poorly by them and was threatened with his job when he made decisions they didn't like.

Honestly they sound pretty typical of Eagles fans if you ask me, but if any of this is true they for sure have not cultivated the type of environment that would breed success on the field.

Either way, that's sort of the latest happs in the Eagles organization, so I can only imagine we're in for a horrible next few years, HOWEVER, that does mean high draft picks which means I'll be in bed by 10 o'clock on draft night so there's the silver lining.

This year the Eagles pick 12th, there are holes all over the roster but mainly at WR, CB, S, interior OL (but depth at tackle is a big concern as well), potentially QB if you don't buy the Jalen Hurts hype, LB is always a mess for this organization, and like every other team they need depth along the DL. Could also use a RB late in day 2 or early in day 3.

For their first round pick at 12, the Eagles will have no shortage of options even if all of the "elite" level players are gone by the time they pick. I wasn't super excited about trading back from 6, but here we are. My top 3 prospects for this draft are 1. Penei Sewell 2. Ja'Marr Chase 3. Kyle Pitts.

I'm working under the assumption all three will be gone, so looking further down my "big board" (imaginary) at 12 I feel like realistic possibilities are: 1. Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina 2. Patrick Surtain Jr CB Alabama 3. Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama 4. Devonta Smith WR Alabama 5. Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern

Honestly at 12 I would almost rather see a trade back into the late teens/early 20's and pick up some assets and get a mauler like Teven Jenkins OL Oklahoma State.

There's my "draft wishlist" if you will, what say you 11w?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments