Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Lifelong Browns Fan and OSU Graduate/fan Who Had Wish of Seeing the Browns in the Playoffs Passes Away

+17 HS
PhillyNut's picture
February 13, 2021 at 7:46pm
8 Comments

Tom Seipel, whose dying wish was to see his Browns make the playoffs before passing away from terminal kidney cancer, died today at age 39.

Tom's wish was enhanced when Baker and Emily Mayfield heard he was trying to get to the last regular season game against the Steelers. A friend has gotten 4 tickets to the game but it was going to be a challenge for Tom to sit in the seats. The Bakers heard of his plight and Emily said "no, you are going to be our guests in a suite". They helped with all the arrangements and Tom left hospice and was able to see his beloved Browns one last time in person.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30894901/tom-seipel-cleveland-browns...

I know Baker is hated by alot of Buckeye fans and being also a Browns fan I have been torn having him as their qb. But I think getting married has helped him to mature and there seems to be a decent heart inside the player. May not making him a fan favorite but maybe soften the view just a bit.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments