Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

LeBron: GOAT in Terms of Consistency of Excellence over a Long Career

+5 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
October 3, 2020 at 4:05pm
33 Comments

I know Cleveland sports fans feel cursed in certain respects and that you have certainly experienced more than your share of suffering.  (As a longtime Knicks fan, I totally get that.)

But, Cleveland fans have been blessed in one way: having LeBron for as many years as you did (and for his having led the Cavs to as amazing an NBA championship as I have ever seen).

Watching him last night reinforced a different point though: for consistency of excellence and greatness over a long career, I haven’t seen anyone in the NBA match LeBron’s sustained dominance (and I have been watching pro basketball since the 1960s).

I recently saw one of those metrics—Win Shares in the playoffs—where LeBron is way ahead of the person in second place, Michael Jordan, on the NBA career list.  I was not surprised to see that.

As a sports fan, you feel lucky or privileged to see a special team and/or special players (and I feel that way about having witnessed the Knicks’ championship era).  And, man, would I have loved to have seen LeBron play for the Knicks.

Edit: Closed until you fix title 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments