Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

This Week’s Question: What Is Your Mt. Rushmore of Sports Movies?

0 HS
Zack Carpenter's picture
July 6, 2020 at 8:00am
122 Comments

We're in the middle of the summer, and that usually means that all sports talk shows – TV, radio, podcast or otherwise – are grinding away in the middle of Mt. Rushmore season. (Aka, There's not enough to talk about so they fill their blocks by debating “Who’s on your Mt. Rushmore of pre-Sosa/McGwire home run hitters?” or “What’s your Mt. Rushmore of NFL Quarterbacks from the 2000s?”)

So that got me thinking about a question I've had my own solid answer to for a few years – What is your Mt. Rushmore of sports movies?

My personal Mt. Rushmore of sports movies is Moneyball, Coach Carter, Friday Night Lights and Creed because I like to have one movie each from the categories of baseball, basketball, football and miscellaneous.

Coming up with this topic reminded me of when I spent way too much time years ago during my senior year of college at my student newspaper at Illinois State, The Vidette, to create a Sports Movie March Madness bracket. It was 68 teams with four regions named after Chicago sports stars, since I went to a school in Illinois – Ernie Banks Region, Michael Jordan Region, Walter Payton Region and Bobby Hull Region.

Remember the Titans wound up beating out The Sandlot for the title.

Fun times!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 122 Comments