Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals 2021 Draft Simulation(yes Already)

+1 HS
Spartan13's picture
April 26, 2020 at 10:05am
18 Comments

The draft network already has their simulator up for 2021. Of course this is going to be so far off its a waste of time but these are so fun I will end my Bengals threads with one forward looking draft simulation. They have the Bengals as the third worse team in football which is just crazy talk but I will treat this seriously. I will make up what scenario leads to them being that bad and then doing what I can to fix it. This is not at all what I think will happen and 8-8 is pretty likely for this team but this is how I imagine them being almost just as bad again(seriously it isnt possible)

The right side of the offensive line ends up being horrendous making it very difficult for Burrow and the offense to operate. Green doesnt return as AJ Green but as a man who just took almost 2 years of vacation and realizes he isnt in love with trying to rebuild the Bengals. He isnt as committed as he was before making Burrow rely on Higgins and Boyd. On defense the linebackers show flashes but they look like they are all rookies(which they are) and the secondary additions dont pan out. Vonn Bell struggles against the pass, Trae Waynes isnt as good as he was playing for Zimmer, and the new nickel corner ends up being pretty bad as well. The schedule also ended up being the hardest in the NFL. Some other freak injuries happened too because being this bad is just not happening. 
RG/RT, CB, and one more outside receiver are massive needs going into the 2021 draft. 

Again this is based on the draft networks simulator and this is far out of course it isnt accurate dont be getting mad:
1.Jamarr Chase WR LSU-Penei Sewell is second off the board and none of the other tackles are appealing to me. Getting Jamarr Chase is perfect for what the Bengals have. He is a stud receiver making sure Higgins is never required to be the #1, he can be a slot in a 4-wide look, and as Green continues to age he can eventually take over as the #1. As a 19 year old this past season he had 84 catches for 1780 yards. Chase, Higgins, Burrow are a great trio to go forward with. 
2.Cade Mays RG Tennessee-Without a great RT option I will grab a very good guard. Mays has been fantastic at Georgia and should continue that for Tennessee. He is huge at 6'6" and very athletic for a guard. He will be a day 1 starter. 
3.Daniel Faalele RT Minnesota-Perfect fit for team and player. Surprisingly athletic for his size but still raw as he is new to the sport and not quite the great athlete you would want for a tackle. He is 6'8" 400 pounds. In the new offense with Joe Burrow he really doesnt hold on to the ball for a long time and gets the ball out quickly. It is hard to quickly get around this man. 
4.Jeremy Ruckert TE OSU-Ruckert was one of two tight ends for the national champion Ohio State buckeyes but after winning the championship felt like it was time to come out. Very poor production made him an almost unknown but between splitting time with Luke Farrell and the tight end not being thrown too in that offense I am not concerned with production. Showing up to the combine at 6'5" 255 and showing he is an elite athlete is enough for me to take him and hope he is a reliable pass catcher. 

It took two drafts but now the offense has become the deathstar. We should compete for the playoffs and once we help the secondary out a little its superbowl time for Joe Burrow and the Bengals. Thanks for following along Bengals fans we'll talk the draft this time next year. WHO DEY

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments