Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Which Buckeyes Are Best Fits for the Bengals?

+1 HS
BuckeyeBen7.7's picture
April 23, 2020 at 2:00pm
5 Comments

Obviously, the Bengals have a lot of needs. Pretty much every position outside of running back and maybe corner could use some help and depth. The Buckeyes also have lots players who will be drafted. It has me thinking, which former Buckeyes are the best fits for Cincinnati?

Guys like Young and Okudah would obviously be a huge boost to this team, but neither is feasible. At number 1, they’re taking Burrow and if they happen to get a good enough offer to trade back, those two would likely be gone. So for this forum, I want to focus on guys that are realistic options. So here’s my top 5:

1. Malik Harrison - 3rd round - The Bengals LB’s have were downright terrible last year, and not much has changed this year. They need a play maker, and this is what Harrison could provide. He has the ability to stand strong against the run, chase down ballcarriers, and cover. He should be available at the beginning of the third round.

2. Jonah Jackson - 3rd round - Although I would not be opposed to drafting an OL in the second round, I think that’s a little high for Jackson, although he might be gone by the time the 3rd round rolls around. Even though OL play improved down the stretch last year, it still wasn’t good. They have decent guys for depth, but need better starters. Jackson should be a plug and play from day 1, and be good for the years to come.

3. KJ Hill - 4th round - Personally, I think KJ is better than a 4th round pick, but it’s looking like he will likely hear his name called on day 3. This also means he has good value when he’s drafted. The Bengals already have a deep threat in Green. They have Boyd. Lots of people think they need another WR to go with them and KJ would be a solid addition as a number 3 guy. Preaching to the choir here, but although he might not have spectacular testing numbers or jump out of film, Hill consistently finds a way to get open. 

4. Jordan Fuller - late rounds - Like KJ, I think Fuller is better than his draft grade. He’s been a consistent contributed for the Buckeyes the last couple of years, is versatile, and a sure tackler. Safety isn’t a huge need, but Williams is beginning to get older, and depth is never bad. This would be good value for the pick.

5. Austin Mack - late rounds - To put it simply, I think Austin Mack is going to make some team very happen. Through the years, Mack has shown the ability to make tough catches. He has decent size, and he’s also a willing and able blocker. Additionally, he first made his mark here on special teams. Not a bad pickup late in the draft.

These are just my opinions, and I would be happy if even 1 of these came true. I’m just hoping the Bengals don’t make any dumb decisions.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments