Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

FINAL Bengals Mock Draft and Pre-draft Rumor Thread

+2 HS
Spartan13's picture
April 23, 2020 at 9:43am
23 Comments

The day of days has arrived. Finally the draft is here and the new era will begin tonight at 7. Reports that the Dolphins have called multiple times to try and trade up to 1 despite the Bengals giving them a very hard no. That just shows what kind of prospect Burrow is when Tua would be available and they want to trade up for Burrow. Another report is the Bengals are actually BPA at 33 and not defense/receiver is interesting. That opens up the board quite a bit and would let a trade down happen pretty easily.

Thank you all for following along with these threads I have enjoyed talking Bengals football, I always thought the vast majority of NFL fans on this site were Browns fans. I am in my 20s and I became a die hard Bengals fan before I became a die hard OSU fan. I was lucky enough to be growing up with the AJ Green/Andy Dalton core of the 2010s. I am excited to be able to be excited about the Bengals again. Anyways here is my final mock with some thoughts on the pick.

1.Joe Burrow
2.Zach Baun EDGE Wisconsin-I have come full circle on Baun and this is who I want the Bengals to get in the second. He is an edge rusher for a 3-4 scheme that can also drop back in coverage some because he is a good athlete. He is a bettter player than Patrick Queen and Kenneth Murray without a doubt. He would be a good player culturally and is something the Bengals dont have on the roster. I do expect the Bengals to try and trade down from this spot
3.Tee Higgins WR Clemson-After testing terribly he has gone from a first rounder to somebody who could take a big tumble on draft night. However in the third he is too good of a football player to pass up. He dominated every team he played(except OSU.) He is big, a good blocker, young, and extremely productive. He may never be a #1 receiver but he could be a very good #2(or#3 with Boyd in the slot)
4. Tyler Biadsz IOL Wisconsin- Solid piece for IOL in the fourth. Biadasz is an experienced player who lacks upside at guard or center. Potential average starter which is good to have at guard in the fourth. 
5.Jason Strowbridge DT North Carolina-A very good DT who is a bit undersized. He dominated for North Carolina and had a fantastic senior bowl which pushed him up. Only concern is if he can maintain his athleticism as he gains weight for the NFL. 
6.Jacob Phillips LB LSU-The other LB for LSU. He has the chance to be a run down LB in the NFL. He has terrible agility but is fast and explosive. He struggled taking on blocks in college which is a big concern in the NFL. But getting this level of athlete in the 6th round at a position of need is hard to pass up. Worse case scenario he is a special teamer and decent back up LB. 
7.Carter Coughlin EDGE Minnesota-We are making the position with Baun and finding his immediate back up with Coughlin in the 7th. Even when considered a LB he is a good athlete(didnt test agility which is likely poor.) He played DE for Minnesota but at 6'3" 236 we are going to take him to be an edge rusher like Baun who can occasionally drop into coverage. Had great production, and tested well which will get him drafted. He is a great backup for a 3-4 EDGE position. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments