Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals Fans - What’s It Going to Trade the First Pick.

+1 HS
BuckeyeBen7.7's picture
April 11, 2020 at 1:59pm
69 Comments

To start off, I don’t think the Bengals will and I also don’t necessarily believe it’s what they should do. Burrow was obviously a great college quarterback who projects well at the next level. I also love the kid, and would love to see him in a Bengals jersey. But there is a compelling case to trading down if a good deal is offered. 

To me, the only team that I think has the assets to do this is Miami. Not necessarily that others won’t, but they’d have to trade lots of picks and have nothing left, where as Miami could do that and have picks left over. 

To me, it has to start with a minimum of 2 first round picks (one of them being this year’s 5th overall pick) plus another decent pick. Say they offer us the 5th overall, 26th overall, and a 3 round pick. I think you have to take that. The Bengals reportedly also did their homework on Herbert, and liked what they found. I personally think he has a good NFL future- has a strong arm, good decision making and intelligence, and leadership. So you still have your quarterback of the future. You could then use the extra picks to address other pressing needs like OL to protect your new QB and open holes for one of the better running backs in the league. Or go after a desperately needed LB. Both other picks would be high enough to address the needs with solid prospects.

So what do y’all think? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 69 Comments