Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals Mock Draft Tuesday

+4 HS
Spartan13's picture
March 10, 2020 at 5:19pm
18 Comments

I've been a bit off with the mock drafts, I wanted to wait for the combine but newly released boards have been fully updated. The next big change to consider will be free agency and trades. Dalton to the Bears is looking like a realistic possibility, the Bears have two second round pick and the second one could be the trade piece, another pick may need to be sent along with Dalton to get that done. Dalton and a 2021 5th for the #50 pick would seem very realistic in my eyes. This is using the 3/10 fanspeak board. The info has been round 2 will be WR or Defense and the round 3 pick will likely be defense. I will also now be talking RAS scores (relative athletic scores) this score can be used to determine how good of an athlete a player is based on size, combine results, and position.  There are 4 main categories, explosiveness(vertical/broad jumps) and agility(short shuttle/3 cone) which are probably the 2 most important categories. Size based on height and weight. Then speed based on 40/20/10 yard dash splits. A total score is given between 0-10 with 10 being a perfect athlete. 

1. Joe Burrow-imagine Baker Mayfield but better in literally every aspect of football and life, and you wont feel bad about rooting for him
  2. S Xavier McKinney-The options in this spot seemed really realistic in my opinion. McKinney, Leviska Shenault is solidly out of the first round now, all of the RBs, and Neville Gallimore. The receivers we are hoping to drop, Denzel Mims and Tee Higgins, did not drop. However Jordan Love also dropped which will not happen. I have talked about it before but finding another safety to pair with Jessie Bates would give the Bengals one of the best safety duos in the country. Antoine Winfield Jr. has also moved up quite a bit after a great combine and could be on the same level as McKinney. 
    McKinney(S) did not have a great combine, his explosiveness is good, size is okay, and speed is poor.  This gives him a 5.85 score which is average. He has great film but drafting an average athlete at safety may push him to the second round. 
  3. LB Malik Harrison- This is a great place to be picking, Adam Trautman, Cesar Ruiz, Ross Blacklock, and Julian Okwara are all available. Harrison had a fantastic combine which shows he can be a 3 down LB in the NFL. Harrison and Germain Pratt can be the linebackers of the future and really turn around the LB group. If McKinney and Harrison work out then the middle of the defense would be solid.
    Harrison is simply an incredible athlete. He had a 9.43 RAS score which is elite. He is huge at 6'2.5" 246 with great explosion and good speed and agility. This athleticism shows he can cover in the NFL.
  4. Nick Coe  DE Auburn-Coe is interesting because he played different positions so he may be a little raw. At 6'4.5" 280 he could be the DT the Bengals are looking for. Bengals biggest problem at DT is a lack of length. Bringing in Coe can allow the Bengals to move him around the defensive line. 
    Coe's RAS score shouldn't be considered because it has him listed as LB when he can play DT,DE in any front and big standup OLB. 
  5. Evan Weaver LB Cal-I understand we already grabbed a LB but this late you take the best player available. The Bengals have used a visit with Weaver so this could be a real possibility and he should be discussed. Mentally he is everything you could want in a LB and has had great production. RAS gives him a 6.27 score which is okay. He has great agility, good size and speed+explosion are okay. This is somebody you are drafting to be a quality backup with upside to be an average starter. With the complete lack of talent in the LB room it is ok to use this here. 

I did not set out go straight defense but that is where I ended up. The Bengals want a talent infusion on defense and this would certainly deliver on that. I don't love that second round pick and should the receivers or linebackers not fall I would want to trade back. Trading out of the top of the second and gaining another second for Dalton could quickly turn this into a large haul of picks. The defense getting help at every level would be great though. The LB room could turn around quickly, the secondary could improve, and the defensive line would have a unique weapon in Coe. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments