Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals Mock Draft Post Combine

-1 HS
Spartan13's picture
March 5, 2020 at 12:55pm
25 Comments

Following the combine boards will begin to be updated and reflect how the draft will go more closely. There was quite a bit of shifting. Some Bengal info is twitch the 2/3 pick they would like to go defense or receiver. Dalton trade talks are also progressing very well with teams showing interest and bidding against each other. 

1. Joey B-after the combine many said Burrow would have been a better prospect than Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield. Really good year to have the #1 pick.
  2. Tee Higgins WR Clemson- He is in a weird place where he tested well(very similar to AJ Green) but because others tested better he may drop. Denzel Mims is likely now ahead of Tee for most teams. This is a realistic/great scenario. Mims and Higgins are the two elite receivers the Bengals could take at 33. Laviska Shenault Will be here but his times/injury history may drop him even further than just pick 33. If I had to take a defender Zach Baun, Terrell Lewis, and Ross Blacklock are all very good players available.
  3. Jeremy Chinn S Southern Illinois-Somebody I haven’t mentioned here but would be incredibly exciting is Chinn. He is 6’3” 220 and ran a 4.45. He plays a strong safety/hybrid LB role and dominated at a small school. Athletically Think of Isiah Simmons who plays safety primarily instead of LB. Pairing Chinn with Bates would make an incredible combo. Somebody else available in this spot I wasn’t a fan of until the combine is Malik Harrison. His stock has rocketed with his athletic testing for his size. He proved he is athletic enough to cover in space as a big LB. He is an every down LB, Harrison will go right around here and would be a great pick as well. Position value and hybrid potential of Chinn makes him the pick for me.
  4. Albert OkwuEgbanam TE Mizzou-Another combine Star he graded as a 99th percentile athlete and is a boom or bust prospect. Basically perfect measurable and speed/explosion but he won’t really ever be a blocking TE, that is fine with Sample already on the roster. Taylor runs a TE heavy system so this can be the receiving threat.
  5. Akeem Davis-Gather LB App State-Everything you want in a LB but lacking the size, he is 6’1” 225 and whoever drafts him  will hope he can gain 10 pounds. He is a good athlete who clerk be able to cover and has great tape at App State. His floor could be passing down LB and special teams. 

Really like this draft and think it is realistic. The 33 pick is so interesting because there are only a few positions we want. The third rounder will have some great value as well. I am really hoping we can get a 3rd for Dalton and are able to get a quality player. I like the TE in this sim but I would love to somehow get Adam Trautman after his great combine, Dalton for Trautman would be a really good trade

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments