Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals Mock Draft Monday 2/10

+2 HS
Spartan13's picture
February 10, 2020 at 5:54pm
25 Comments

Another round of a Bengals mock draft with an updated big board from Matt Miller at bleacher report. I am using fanspeak instead of NFL draft simulator because its big boards are better than the draft networks. As always this is simulation based on their board so Browns fans don't punch a hole through your wall when you a good player is taken in the third round in this simulation. 

1. Joey B-as always I have Joe walking across the water in Vegas onto the stage. 
  2. Ross Blacklock DT TCU-Had about as bad a draw as the Bengals can get, all reasonable WR/OT/LB were gone. Blacklock is a very good DT prospect at wasn't a super talented group outside of Geno. If Blacklock can meet his potential the defensive line will be scary going forward. If this is the draw the Bengals get I would hope they can trade down. Other considerations were CB Jeff Gladney and C Ceser Ruiz(would need a great combine to justify this high)
  3. Jalen Raegor WR TCU-Great player to get at the top of the third, he has risen up other boards but being only 5'11" and having serious drop problems could drop him to the third. John Ross likely doesn't have long in Cincy and Raegor is essentially an slightly improved version in every way of what Ross is now. He will never be a #1 but fits in well opposite of an AJ Green with Boyd in the slot. Also considered OT Prince Tego, WR Michael Pittman, CB Damon Arnette and C Lloyd Cushenberry. The third round is strong in this draft I hope they are able to get a third for Andy or another third if they trade off the top of the second. 
  4. LB Troy Dye Oregon-Freak athlete LB who really needs to develop. Will test insanely well at the combine speed wise but is a little light(6'4" 225) and was out physicalled at times in the Pac-12 which is a red flag.  However he is a great coverage backer with the frame to gain more weight. This was a tough pick to make with TE Adam Trautman and WR Denzel Mims still on the board. LB is a very pressing need though so it hards to double dip at offensive skill with this caliber of player in Dye. Like I said above would be nice to pick up another pick in the third.
  5. Trey Adams OT Washington-Talked about him before but he is a boom or bust player. Incredible OT with great measurables but an extensive injury history(Knee + Back) 5th is a good place to take a chance on an OT. 
  6. Davon Hamilton DT OSU-Before you start freaking out because as an OSU fan you think he is amazing, this is early for where he has been projected. His problems are he was most succesful only as a 5th year senior playing limited snaps(every play he was fresh basically.) He should be a really good run stopper in the NFL but pash rush wont be a strength. At this point in the draft its a crap shoot so position doesn't matter. I thought he was the best available here. 

I  would be happy with this draft but not ecstatic. The second rounder is such a pivotal pick here for this rebuild and there is a specific group of players we hope drop WR(Leviska Shenault, Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins) LB(Patrick Queen or Kenneth Murray) and OT(Austin Jackson, Josh Jones) this will happen if the defensive players go early, Jordan Love and Jacob Eason go, and RBs are drafted. If not it will have to be a trade back because there is nothing of value for the Bengals at that spot. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments