Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Braxton and Lamar

+9 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
December 20, 2019 at 12:01pm
49 Comments

I have been following Ohio State since the 1960s and, for me, Braxton Miller is the most exciting and entertaining player I have seen in all that time.  (I’m not saying that makes him the best player in that time period but he is the guy I simply enjoyed watching the most for his flair and the kinds of plays he made.)

As I watch how Lamar Jackson has blossomed this year, it does make me wonder: if Braxton had not hurt his shoulder—(another reason to dislike Clemson)—did he have the potential to become the type of disruptive impact NFL QB that Lamar Jackson has developed into?

I’m probably too biased to make an objective assessment; plus, I can’t say I know the NFL well enough to offer a final verdict on this.

But does anyone here who follows the NFL closely think Braxton could have come close to accomplishing what Lamar Jackson is doing this year if he had remained healthy?  And, if not close to Lamar, do you think Braxton would have been a starting NFL QB at this point if not for the shoulder injury?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments