Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Browns Ban Fan for Providing Refreshing Beer Shower to Titans Players

+2 HS
mh27209's picture
September 11, 2019 at 2:26pm
98 Comments

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27594415/titans-ryan-thanks-browns-punishing-fan

What do you think about this? I think it's total BS, but want to hear some other thoughts (especially from a neutral perspective). Basically a player for the Titans jumped into the stands to celebrate a TD with a lone Tennessee fan. A Browns fan then doused the player with beer and has now been banned from the stadium. 

IMO, the Titans players crossed the line by entering the stands away from home. That's straight up disrespectful and I think they got what they deserved, especially for how out of hand that game got. Not the classiest move from the Browns fan either, but I understand why he did it, especially in the heat of the moment. What did the Titans players think would happen? Clearly they don't know Cleveland very well...

Do you remember when Ocho Cinco jumped into the Dawg Pound and got destroyed by popcorn and beer? I don't recall him complaining about it or a fan being banned because he knew what was coming, but I could be wrong.

What alternative punishment could have been handed down that didn't include a complete ban?  IMO, it makes the Browns Org look spineless, especially after that embarrassing loss. What are your thoughts?

EDIT - Spineless isn't fair. They did the right thing.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 98 Comments