Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Report: LeBron Likely To Remain With Cavaliers

+9 HS
Benwin's picture
February 12, 2018 at 6:01pm
76 Comments

According to a new report from Sean Deveney of the Sporting News, LeBron James is likely to remain with the Cleveland Cavaliers following the franchise's acquisition of four younger players.

Via an NBA executive:

“I would have said it was a 50-50 proposition that he would go back to Cleveland this summer before all of this, even a week ago,” one league executive told Sporting News. “I think this moves it more in the Cavs’ favor. They’re younger and deeper. If the lifestyle is all the same to him, and I don’t know that it is, I’d think he would stay in Cleveland."

“I would put it from 50-50 a week ago to now, something like 75-25 that he stays. Even if they don’t win this year, they’ve given themselves room to grow.”

The Cavaliers are 2-0 since the trade deadline and just pulled off a big win over the N0. 1 seeded Boston Celtics in George Hill, Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.'s first games in the Wine and Gold.

Deveney elaborated on why the four-time MVP would stay in Cleveland:

“The way the Cavs had been constructed, surrounding James with elderly ex-stars and role players who have been dented by injury, made it all too easy for him to look at the Cleveland roster going forward and walk away to the LA sunshine, content with having brought the franchise the 2016 title."

“But can James walk away from a team that could be slated for a rebirth, with or without him? Hood is a talented wing, a potential 20-22 points-per-game scorer. Clarkson has Sixth Man of the Year potential. Nance is a valuable role player. Young internationals Cedi Osman and Ante Zizic should be ready to contribute next season. And there’s a strong chance the Cavs wind up with a top-five pick in a top-heavy draft.”

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments