Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Talkin' Football? These Jeopardy! Contestants Can't

Matt Gutridge's picture
February 1, 2018 at 9:19pm
36 Comments

Ryan, Sara and Justin were contestants on Thursday's episode of Jeopardy! and they saved the "Talkin' Football" category for last. When you watch the video above, you will find out that there was a good reason they stayed away from the pigskin questions.

The questions and comments are below for those of you that are unable watch.

• $200

Your choice: Do or don't name this play in which the QB runs the ball & can choose to pitch it to another back.

After a few seconds of blank stares, Alex gave the answer and followed up with, "I can tell you guys are big football fans."

• $400

Tom Landry perfected the shotgun formation with this team.

The contestants smiled and laughed, but nobody attempted to answer. Alex asked, "Do you think we should go to commercial?"

• $600

By signaling for one of these, a returner can reel in a kick without fear of getting tackled.

Crickets...

• $800

These "penalties" are simultaneous violations by the offense & defense that cancel each other out.

Deers in the headlights. Alex, "Let's look at the $1,000 dollar clue, just for the fun of it." The last question was a video clue given by Jimmy.

• $1,000

As Minneapolis' US Bank Stadium prepares to host Super Bowl LII, I'm looking at the Ring of Honor with names from this defensive line that took the Vikings to four Super Bowls.

The players held their signalling devices like statues. Trebek deadpanned, "If you guys ring in and get this one, I will die!" Fortunately for the contestants, there weren't any sports related questions in the Double Jeopardy round.

With the Super Bowl a couple of days away, I have a feeling Ryan, Sara and Justin won't be watching.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments