Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Come Join the Movement #SaveTheCrew

+17 HS
Bolt's picture
October 31, 2017 at 1:18pm
98 Comments

Columbus Crew vs NYC, 10/31 @8pm, TV: ESPN

Come be a part of it...Join the fight for Columbus!

I understand that this is an Ohio State specific site but I have been lurking and commenting on here for going on 6 years now and know the quality of people we have here. I also know that the pride of Ohio State extends beyond the Horseshoe and into the community of Columbus. We're a bunch that values history and tradition. We value a sense of local pride and resolve. The reason I am here is to ask for all the help we can get to help the community and help save our Columbus Crew, a historic cornerstone team in American soccer and keepers of the spiritual home to our US Men's National Team.

There may be people here who are probably tired of hearing about soccer, I apologize for that, but bear with us. This is excruciatingly painful for us to watch unfold. A snake infiltrated our city with grand plans to move our team to his beloved Austin, Texas because it's cheaper and more expedient than going through the expansion route. This extends beyond soccer. This is a demoralizing aspect of all American sports and, in this case, a very downright wrong thing to do. This is real life "Major League" (the movie) stuff here.

http://www.columbusalive.com/entertainment/20171025/news-anthony-precour...

He has done little to market and publicize the team and his outreach has been downright pathetic. We currently have the hottest team in American soccer and you wouldn't know it because there has been literally nothing done to promote it, particularly to those who don't actively follow the Crew or MLS. He then wants to turn around and disparage our city for not being supportive enough. The onus has fallen on us, the fans, to market and publicize the team as they continue a playoff push for the MLS Cup in any way that we can.

https://sports.yahoo.com/savethecrew-grew-hashtag-twitter-dm-nationwide-...

Again, I apologize for bringing this here, but we are in dire straits trying to fight for our team. The movement has grown strong and spans the country. Even our biggest rivals and opponents have pledged their support for Columbus. Participate where you can. #SaveTheCrew is alive and active across the country and savethecrew.com is the hub to keep up on everything. Tonight we will play NYC in the playoffs in an ESPN nationally televised game. We're going to show those that had Columbus's back that it was not in vain. If you're on the fence, bundle up, come out, have a couple drinks and have a lot of fun celebrating a team that is indeed truly fun to watch and show your support for Columbus! If soccer or Crew isn't your thing, give it a shot or at least support the city of Columbus however you can! We plan to fight this all the way to the end and we need the support of everyone we can get.

Thank you.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 98 Comments