Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Kyrie Irving: "Why Should I Care?"

+10 HS
Cooper's picture
September 18, 2017 at 12:16pm
95 Comments

While I am forever grateful for 'The Shot', the Kyrie Irving hate train is slowly gaining steam. Earlier today on First Take, Kyrie was being grilled by Stephen Sauces Smith and Max Kellerman. 

Via Bleacher Report

Kyrie Irving revealed on ESPN's First Take Monday morning that he didn't speak with LeBron James before requesting a trade away from the Cleveland Cavaliers, adding, "Why would I have to?"

He also responded, when asked, that he didn't care if James took it personally that he made the trade request before speaking to him.

The entire interview was extremely odd. Kyrie answers everything in cosmic backwards riddles. The pseudo intellectual act he's been performing ranges from bemusing to tiring. I have never been a huge fan of the LeBron machine that controls the Cavs, but the results are pretty damn clear: Eastern Conference championships and an NBA title. 

Kyrie was reportedly irritated by LeBron's prowess not only on the court, but off the court, as well. When reporters would ask LeBron's opinion on social and political issues, Kyrie felt disgruntled that no one would ever ask for his thoughts. Maybe it's due to his lack of linear, coherent thoughts; or maybe because he doesn't comprehend basic science. I digress.

Purely as a sports fan, I'm excited to have a potential Eastern Conference rival with a familiar face as the new villain. The Cavs open the season against the Celtics on October 17th.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 95 Comments