Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals Fire OC Ken Zampese

+3 HS
ohiopanda's picture
September 15, 2017 at 5:09pm
49 Comments

Bengals (actually Marvin Lewis) have fired their offensive coordinator, who has been with the Bengals for a fairly long time, and have promoted the QB coach, Bill Lazor, for now. I'm not entirely sure how a guy who made Andy Dalton go from below-average to awful in a year is going to turn around the offense, but he was under Chip Kelly for a bit - and we have enough speedy skill players to entertain that idea. I don't blame Zampese too much, we basically traded solid offensive linemen for additional skill players this offseason.

Marvin being the one making the change surprised me - maybe he has realized he may finally get fired? I can only hope he is gone this time next year. The Bengals punched themselves by not keeping Zimmer over Lewis.

The real question is: How many games before the Bengals score a TD? I don't care as long as it's enough to get Marvin's cluelessness out of here.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000845642/article/bengals-fire-offe...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments