Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Goodell gonna Goodell: NFL Shenanigans are PR Based

+5 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
September 8, 2017 at 12:20pm
27 Comments

https://insidethestar.com/nfl-getting-desperate-ezekeil-elliott-decision-looms/

Basically, the NFL is trying to whip up some quick legal precedent like a contestant on “Chopped.” Somehow, they think that this laughably transparent maneuver will impress a seasoned federal judge. It’s yet another time that Roger Goodell has failed to read his audience and shown his inadequacy.

Say what you want about the NFL’s increasing revenues during Goodell’s tenure, but many would argue that these were natural developments that had no basis in his influence or involvement. Whenever Goodell is truly front and center of an issue or a decision, it’s almost always come with a hit to the league’s reputation.

I recently went into even more detail about the NFL’s blooper reel when it comes to domestic violence cases. This week is just more of the same; Goodell’s reactionary decisions and make-up calls. They’ve thrown the Hail Mary, and hopefully Judge Mazzant swats it down.

I don't know if Zeke is innocent or guilty. This whole case stinks from the beginning in more ways than one. But I continue to think Goodell's decisions are mostly PR based and reactionary - and he always gets it wrong. He's out of touch with reality. I think he really decided early on that he was going to make an example out of Zeke because he failed so miserably on domestic violence many times before. That he's going after Josh Brown and Michael Irvin just proves Goodell is a clown.  This, incidentally, prevents real justice from happening in Zeke's case (whatever that may prove to be). 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments