Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Do you agree with Richard Sherman's sideline tantrum w/Pete Carroll?

+2 HS
smartone29's picture
December 16, 2016 at 8:56am
101 Comments

SOURCE: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18290431/richard-sherman-seattle-seahawks-critical-pete-carroll-decision-throw-first-goal-los-angeles-rams

"I'm upset about us throwing from the 1," Sherman said afterward. "I'd rather do what most teams would do, making a conscientious decision to run the ball."

Sherman said he was initially talking to Pete Carroll on the sideline, but then offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell got involved.

"Yeah, I was letting [Carroll] know. We've already seen how that goes," Sherman said, alluding to the Seahawks' Super Bowl XLIX loss to the New England Patriots, which ended on a Russell Wilson interception in a similar situation.

"I'm sure you guys have seen that play enough times," Sherman said.

Honestly, I have no idea what Pete Carroll is thinking in goal-line scenarios. You would have thought he learned his lesson (a la SB XLIX, also see: "Give Hyde the damn ball"), but he continued his ways last night by throwing on first and goal from the one. By the way, I think that the refs might have got that call wrong; I didn't watch the game, but from that highlight, it looked like Hager might have had possession and maybe 3 feet inbounds.

I think that Richard Sherman is one of the most talented (and definitely the most passionate) CBs in the game right now. I don't blame him one bit for tearing into Pete Carroll on the sideline; it's got to be frustrating to see almost the exact same result happen from the exact same decision, especially when the first time cost you back-to-back SB wins. It's also funny to me that Carroll sounded like he was defending Sherman's tirade, almost as if it was deserved.

So, what say you 11W? Did Sherman take things too far on the sideline and/or after the game? When will Pete Carroll stop throwing on goal-line scenarios?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 101 Comments